Chapter 20

"With that, the second round is officially over!" Present Mic announced once the timer had run out.

The tense moment faded into nothing. Todoroki and Midoriya's teams froze and Bakugo seemed to freeze in mid-air before falling straight to the ground.

Noriko separated from her team and they all walked over to where Bakugo was still laying on the ground.

"Bakugo! Are you ok man?" Kirishima questioned, crouching down next to Bakugo.

Bakugo growled and repeatedly hit the ground with his fist.

Noriko smiled, amused at the sight, "Oh, don't be a baby. We still made it to the next round."

"Now let's take a look at who the top four teams are!" Present Mic announced. The screen changed back to show the teams' scores. "In first place, team Todoroki! In second place, team Bakugo!"

"We were so close," Noriko muttered with a sigh. It would've been nice to come in first place, but she really didn't care as long as they made it to the next round. "But as long as we're moving on."

"I don't think our team leader would agree with you," Kirishima said.

"Yeah, defiantly not," Noriko agreed as Bakugo screamed. Noriko walked up to Bakugo and crouched down beside him. "You need to calm down, Bakugo. It's not like we lost."

Bakugo stopped screaming and sat up. He turned around and glared at Noriko, who just stared at him. After a minute, Bakugo looked away without responding.

Present Mic announced that Shinso and Midoriya's teams were the other two teams to move onto the final round before announcing an hour lunch break.

Noriko followed everyone else out of the arena and to the cafeteria until she remembered that she needed to meet up with Shiro and Ryu. "Oh, I need to go. I'll meet you guys in the cafeteria."

"Where are you going?" Kirishima asked.

"I told my brother I'd talk to him during lunch," Noriko answered.

"You have a brother?" Bakugo questioned, coming up beside her.

"Yes, I do," Noriko replied, then she turned around. "And I have to go."

"Ok, see ya, Hiromi," Kirishima said before Noriko walked off to find her brother and Ryu.

She made her way through the stadium and found Shiro and Ryu surprisingly quickly, "Hey guys."

They both looked up at Noriko and Shiro was the first to speak, "That was awesome, Nori!"

"Great job on making it so far," Ryu praised with a smile.

"Thanks," Noriko said. "I'm gonna keep fighting and see how long I can last."

"You'll do great," Ryu said.

"You know," Shiro started. "You have some pretty strong people in your class. They're all really good at using their quirks. It's awesome!"

Noriko smiled, "Yeah."

"You should probably go now," Ryu said. "You need to eat and get ready for the next event."

Noriko nodded, "Yeah. I'll see you guys later."

"Good luck," Shiro replied.

"Thanks."

* * *

"Hey, I'm back," Noriko greeted as she sat down at a table with Bakugo, Kirishima, and Sero once she got food.

"Hey, Hiromi," Kirishima replied.