"You're good."

"Dad, let me drive us home." Rylan shook his head. Khyson was frozen still, in shock. I placed a worried hand on his shoulder.

"I fucking drove! Ariya, did you see!?" He smiled to me. I let out a reliving breath and unbuckled his seatbelt. He grabbed my cheeks and kissed me passionately. My arms fell and my eyes widened at his passion.

His tongue slipped into my mouth, everything around us disappeared and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Fuck, I love you." He groaned.

"We need to get home-finish this off I-"

"I'm leaving! Can you guys stop! Fuck!" I heard Rylan's voice. I pulled back from Khyson and wiped his lips of my gloss.

-

"You ready for your game tonight?" I asked Rylan, twirling some spaghetti on my fork.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"The scouts from UCLA are gonna be there, so you better impress them." Khyson challenged him.

"I know, I know, mom tell him to stop bothering me." Rylan dropped his head back.

"Stop bothering him, Khyson. He knows what he's doing."

"I could've went pro, you know." Khyson complains about this every time we bring up Rylans games.

"We know, you told us fifty billion times." Rylans groaned. I laughed to myself and continued to eat.

"I got a full sports scholarship to brown, until I decided to pursue stupid business, let this be a lesson, Rylan. Follow your dreams." Rylan mouthed the last sentence annoyingly like he's heard he more than once, well he has.

"You guys are such nerds, mom went to Berkeley and you went to Brown. It's always "oh my god! Your dad is Khysom Johnson! You must be so rich!" It's like fuck off, people have no boundaries."

Since Khyson's business was so publicized it was no surprise when news articles came out about his sudden mysterious new son, a wife, a girlfriend. Tabloids were all over that shit.

Khuson Johnson involved in maternity scandal?

Khyson Johnson adopts son?

Khyson Johnson marries Highschool sweetheart.

They were never right, except maybe the last one. We were definitely well off with Khyson's money, but I told him I refused to be a housewife. I picked up on my writing, a couple years later a had a few books out.

Apparently teen readers love steamy romance books, hm, who would've knew?

We made sure Rylan built his success himself, he got a job when he was fourteen and saved up his own money to buy a car, and he even pays his own phone bill. A year ago he temped down at a sports paper office in the summer. He can take care of himself really well, which gives me a little more ease for when he goes off to school in September.

"And then people are all like "shit! Your mom is Ariya Kingston-Johnson! I love her books, can you get them signed!" It's so good damn annoying." He shook his head.

I based my fist book off of Khyson and I, just switched up the names.

Khyson - Kaden
Ariya - Ava
Rylan - Raymond

I still remember the very night I let Khyson read it, he was so speechless I had thought he hated it. But instead he told me how great it was, and expressed his love for it a little more that night.