31

Kameron

"She's been in there for hours what do we do?"

"I texted William and told him to keep Rylan for the night." I told them.

"How do you have his number?" Amara asked me with furrowed brows.

"Yesterday he said he was gonna send me t-never mind." I sighed while throwing my hand forward.

"Did she do this a lot when you guys were kids." Amara asked Zion and he nodded.

"She would lock herself in the bathroom for a couple hours then lock herself in her room for a couple hours. Then the next morning come down and make breakfast like nothing happened. But we fou.." his words trailed off as if something else had happened.

Zion glanced at his brothers and they both shrugged.

"What? What else?" I pressed.

"In the bathroom, we found out.." He glanced at his brothers once again wearily.

"What?" Amara asked.

"She was cutting herself." Mikah spit out.

I glanced at Amara and she frowned at me with a saddened expression.

"Do you thi-"

"To our knowledge she's been clean, for years. But I don't know, whenever she see's Beverly she, it triggers something inside her."

I glanced down into my lap before back up to meet his eye line.

"Could I talk to you.. alone?" Zion asked. I nodded before he stopped me. I pursed my lip before turning to Amara.

"Her."

"Wha-I-okay yeah sure whatever." I watched Amara follow Zion out and into the hallway. I sat there with her two brothers awkwardly.

"So, where do you live?" I asked Jordan.

"Atlanta."

"California."

"Mhm, I live here. In a condo." I kissed my teeth in nervousness. They eyed me.

"What's it like growing up with Ariya?" I asked while rolling forward on my heels.

"Great, she did a lot for us. Actually I remember this one time when she stayed up with me all night working on my science project when she had an essay due the very next day."

"Yeah and she stayed up with me this one night when I got food poising, she slept on the floor to make sure I didn't choke on my vomit or something." Jordan laughed a bit.

"She's a great sister, yeah?"

"The best."

"Kameron! Get over here!" I heard Amara yell.

Amara

I watched Kameron frantically run over to us and he nodded with a straight face.