35.

Ariya

I didn't want to go back into work, I didn't want to face Khyson, I didn't wanna see him. God, and I still had to face Amara and Kameron who probably thought I was crazy.

I packed myself a salad and helped Rylan into his clothes.

Since Rylan was on winter break and Amara was also on winter break, and I had to work. I needed to face her, I needed to.

I knocked on the door.

I heard the deadbolts unlock before Amara's gaze ceased on mine. Her yes widened and she engulfed me in a warm hug.

"Ariya! Oh my gosh! I was so worried about you!" She squeezed me tightly. I nervously chuckled while rubbing her back.

She pulled back.

Amara let Rylan in, leaving us alone.

"I'm sorry, for what happen that wasn't-" I sighed.

"You don't have to apologize.. but there is one thing that might-" she receded her mouth muscles in and I widened my eyes.

"What?"

"Kameron knows, about Khyson and you, he's said Khyson told him." She whispered as I stepped into her apartment.

"Does.. does he know about, Rylan?" I asked softly.

"Not to my knowledge, no. If Khyson doesn't know I don't think he'll find out." Amara nodded and I released a pained breath.

"Okay, god.. I just-I'm really sorry. You didn't need to see that, y-" she placed a warm hand in my shoulder and I bit my lip.

"It's okay, Ariya. We all have traumatic shit. Your still my bestie who lives next door." She smiled and I nodded.

"Thanks." I kissed her cheek before grabbing my bag and heading down into the parking garage.

After I arrived to work and parked I gave myself a very inspiring pep talk.

"You're fine! Sex means nothing! Sexy cursing means nothing! Slee-"

"Ariya?" I heard Kamerons voice as I slowly turned my head to the left to see Kameron crouching down to level with my window.

"Kameron." I chuckled.

"Everything alright?"

I leaned my arms on the edge of the window and nodded.

"Yeah.. yeah.. I just wanted to apologize for um.." I let out an exasperated cough and he nodded.

"It's fine, shit happens." He shrugged.

"Thanks, I really am sorry. It was.. a mess."

"The food was good?" He chuckled. I nodded with a smile before letting myself out of the car. I nodded while gripping my pills in my bag.

We walked up together and I sped past Khyson's closed door office and sat at my desk.

Removing the bottle from my purse while opening the cap. I hadn't took any yesterday so I downed two and switched on the desktop.