New beginning

Rose's POV

I was not in the condition of coming today, but I couldn't stay at home so I came. I was on a heavy dose of anxiety pills so I was feeling a little dizzy. I called Becca to come and pick me up from my home and she agreed. 

I told my dad about it and when she honked outside of the house I exited saying bye to my parents. She waved at me. I smiled a little and waved back.

"You look dead, girl." She said as soon as I sat in the car.

Thanks for the morale boost.

"Yeah, I know. I am on medicine. It didn't wear out yet." I explained. She just nodded.

"So, everything is alright with your parents? It seemed yesterday you were possessed by Peter's ghost." She joked, I guess.

"I still haven't talked to my mom. It is the longest that we didn't talk. I don't know who is in the wrong. Or what did I do wrong? I just said what I felt. What Peter said was right, I never tried anything because my parents were too protective over me." I said. 

I was upset that I hurt mom, but I didn't want to say sorry because that means I did something wrong, but I did not.

We reach the college and I started looking for him. 

It was the end of the first lecture, but he is still not here. I asked Becca to call him to ask where he is, but she said he didn't pick up the call.

I waited for two more lectures and asked for Becca's phone and called him myself, but he really was not attending the call. 

Becca asked a few boys if they saw him anywhere, but no one knew where he is.

"Did I cause him too much trouble yesterday? Maybe that's why he is avoiding me." I said depressed.

"It's not like that. You don't know him. He has always been like this. He rarely comes to college. I had to practically drag him here from his house many times or the other times I threatened to kill him. Only then does he shows up? So it is very normal if he is missing." Becca informed me. It was funny how she struggled so much with him, but still, she cared enough to force him to come. "So don't worry too much. Let's go." I nodded.

.
.
.

The classes ended and I was tired as hell. My mom came to take me home. I said bye to Becca and entered the car. It was quiet in the beginning, but my mom  broke the silence first.

"How was the day?" 

"I was okay. I didn't have any episode of anxiety."

"Good. You are getting used to having people around you."

"Yes, they are not that bad. No one interacts with me, so it is good."

"You want them to talk to you? Maybe it's good to have more friends."

"No, I have two and they are enough."

"Still, you should make more friends. If someone comes to talk to you, try to befriend them. You will learn something new from them, as you did from that boy."

"Peter, his name is Peter. It's not that hard to learn, knowing he is one of the two friends of your daughter." I reminded her. It made the atmosphere a little bitter. The remaining drive was quiet again.

I went up to my room without eating anything. I sat there thinking of all the possibilities of him not coming to college, but come up with nothing.

.

.

.

He is not at the college again. Becca was chill about it, but I could not concentrate. Becca was on the other hand, decided to lead our group for the project.