The violent past

Peter's POV

She was sleeping quietly on the whole ride. When we reach her house which the office lady told us where is, I took her in my arms. She weighed nothing. I mean really how is she living with no flesh on her bones. She is so tiny like some 14 or 15 years old girl. 

She made me feel the need to protect her all the time. I never ever interfere in anyone's matter, but she looks at me with her cute little eyes like I am the only sun in her life. She makes me feel special like I am also worth it. I want her to enjoy her life like she is making love mine.

Becca rang the bell. In a few minutes, someone opened the door. It was her mother. The first thing she saw was her daughter and then who was carrying her, that was me. Her eyes immediately changed from concern to hatred. 

Well, one thing is confirmed no parents likes me, even if they are mine or someone else's.

I am used to everyone's reaction towards me so I didn't mind her behavior.

"It's you again. Why, whenever my daughter is in trouble she is always with you? You should stay away from my daughter." She scolded me.

I usually respect elders, I do. But I don't know why, I particularly don't like her. 

"I would love to, but you made her so fragile that she needs help frequently and no one else has this much free time as I do." I said.

"What...? You have no manners of how to talk to someone who is older than you."

"Yes, my mom is just opposite from you, she never cared for what I am doing, so I had to learn myself that no one gives a damn and you care so much that you made her depend on others. She is even scared to breathe." I retort. 

She has this amazing talent to make me angry.

"Will you guys stop it? Ma'am, I am Becca, the class rep, I am a friend of Rose. And I think there is some misunderstanding here, he didn't harm her. I think she trusts him more than anyone at college." Becca, the speaker, that she is broke through our argument.

"Now will you tell me where to lay her? She must be uncomfortable in this position." I asked hurriedly. Fortunately, she showed us the way to her room without any further argument.

I laid her down carefully. And her mother tucked her in. My earbuds were still in her ears so cautiously took them out. I stood nearby her just staring at her sleeping face. She doesn't look like she is from this world. 

"She will feel uncomfortable with your intense stare. Come down I will make something for you both." Her mother said.

"Thank you, ma'am." Becca said.

"No, thank you for being her friend. I am glad she made such a nice friend as you."

"What about me?" I asked just to irritate her. But was not expecting this reply.

"I will let you be her friend, but if I ever found out that you had hurt her you are as good as dead." She gave me a death threat very politely.

"You should let her go. Why have you locked her for so many years and only now let her out of here? If you have made her deal with it from the start she would not be like this." I said.

I know she is her mom and she has every right over her, but what irritated me is how they can be this overprotective over her to make her this feeble. I get it, she might have gone through some shit in the past. But that could not be this bad for them to lock her up.

"You don't know anything about what Rose has been through and how we have been trying to keep her alive, then don't utter nonsense if you don't know about it." It was not the lady, but her husband who just entered the house. "How is she?" He asked his wife.