32. Interrogation

Start from the beginning

"Not according to CCTV footage, what did you do?" He asks and she begins to shake, her palms becoming sweaty. "I didn't do anything..." She breathes.

"Hey, Y-" Mark pauses and the two sit up as if nothing happened. "Uh... wanna take these to the park?" He asks softly and Yuta nods. "Sure"

-----

Hours went by in minutes and finally, Mark was alone in the house. It'd gotten dark so Yuta took it upon himself as a responsible uncle to drop the two girls off safely at home.

Mark was laying on the bed, he felt so lonely without Yuta. He takes his phone out and sighs, looking through the pictures. He had to confront him about it but... when was the right time?

Moments later, he hears the front door open and the person walks up the stairs.

"I'm about to shower, wanna join me?" Yuta smirks and Mark shakes his head. He'd end up crying. "Nah, enjoy yourself," He mutters. "Fine, suit ya self," He says, giving Mark a wink over his shoulder as he leaves the room. Mark huffs, grabbing the phone again from under the pillow and watches through the video again and again and again. How was this even possible? why had they never mentioned him? He stares at the man on the screen. "Now I know why he tried so hard to protect me" He murmurs.

Mark hides the phone again as he hears the bathroom door open. He tucks himself under the sheets and the bedroom door opens.

"You're never in bed at this time" Yuta chuckles. "I'm tired today, it's been stressful" He sighs and Yuta shrugs. "Yeah, I guess that's a good enough excuse" He chuckles, laying next to Mark. "Yuta, can I ask you something?" He asks, fiddling around with the warm stone that had been against his skin since it was first put onto him. "Of course, I love answering questions" He smiles and Mark sighs.

"Be honest, have you met a few of my mates before we met?" He asks quietly and Yuta chuckles. "I've met quite a few, I've met Johnny, Taeyong and believe it or not, Jaehyun, that's why he was my first kill," He says and Mark raises a brow.

"Why'd you kill him first?" Mark asks. "He broke Namika's heart" He spits and Mark feels his heart drop. Jaehyun used to date Namika?! "Wh-when was this?" He asks. "Uh... not too long ago I guess, ever wonder why he never left his flat after a certain point?" Yuta chuckles. "We've known each other for a while I guess, I wasn't too happy when Namika told me about him but it pissed me off to see her sobbing her dear little eyes out over that snob" He scoffs. "Oh... I never realised, sorry" He mutters. "Yeah, it's fine, I wonder why you ask" He smirks and Mark clears his throat, feeling a little stupid. Of course Yuta picked up on it. Mark was stupid to think he could be slick around this man when Yuta's the human definition of slick.

"Well whilst I had your phone, I had a little trouble figuring out the password but I got in... and of course, I got curious and went through your um... photos, I saw one with you, Johnny and Jungwoo which confused me," He says and he nods. "And...?" Yuta says gesturing for Mark to carry on explaining what else he saw. "And a... um and a few videos, I saw one of you and um Johnny, you were-"

"Stop fucking stuttering, what's wrong with you?! just spit it out, you saw the video of me and Johnny smashing the fuck outta some girl's head, and what?" He huffs and Mark moves back a little in fright. He stares at Yuta almost stunned by his outburst. "Oh, are you shocked that Johnny did that? yeah, he's no better than me, if anything you'd be safer with me than him" He rolls his eyes. "At least I can hit a moving target unlike him, he prays on those who are slow or choose freeze instead of fight or flight," Yuta says and Mark gulps.

"Isn't this your cue to yell and cry and be dramatic and run away, being the delulu you are thinking Johnny's an incredibly amazing man?" Yuta snickers. "Well just to let you know, he's an absolute prick and Jaehyun was just as bad, he played girls like it was a fucking sport, he didn't care until it was too late" Yuta stares at Mark. "Taeyong however, I don't know if he sensed it or not or if we just didn't click but we eventually drifted" He sighs.

"He could've been an amazing puppet..." Yuta frowns. "Pretty and dumb, no one would suspect a thing" He laughs. "Oh how I'd love to just t-"

"Yuta..." Mark mutters, feeling strangely calm but also feeling so enraged he could risk everything to lay a punch on Yuta. "You understand I wouldn't let you do that, right?" Mark says lowly and Yuta giggles. "Oh yeah? what would you do? kill me? you wouldn't even know until it was too late, you and your friends are almost identical, you're all just as fucking stupid" He snickers and Yuta slaps him. "Don't you dare..." He mutters. He knew Yuta had him wrapped around his finger but some things pushed him over the line, for example, people talking shit about his friends.

"Go on" Yuta breathes. "Do your worst" He smiles.

Mark smirks. "Okay," He says before straddling Yuta who for a moment seemed to be caught off guard. He pauses to see if Yuta would say or do anything but he didn't so he takes that as a chance. He leans over, his arms holding him up above Yuta's face, his necklace dangling down. "Aren't you scared?" Mark grins, looking into Yuta's eyes which looked like they held galaxies within them. "You animal" He bites his lip, his hands gripping Mark's hips. Mark snickers, letting himself lower down, his arms sliding under the pillow. He connects his lips with Yuta's as his hands rummage around for the phone. He feels Yuta smirk into the kiss and he sits up.

"Looking for this babe?" He chuckles, holding the phone. YOU'RE AN IDIOT MARK. "Perhaps" He laughs nervously. "Was this just an excuse to get a punishment or were you really going to attempt to smash my phone?" He asks and Mark gulps. Obviously, he'd choose the safest option but in this situation, which one was the safest?

"I uh... I-"

"Stammering? blushing? would you like both?" He asks staring at Mark with wide eyes. Before Mark even got a chance to think Yuta cuts him off. "Hang on no, you are getting both, as I said, you don't have a choice" He smiles and Mark gulps.

He was trapped in the web that Yuta had carefully and skillfully decorated to make look like a way out but it was a corner that Mark couldn't escape from.

-x-

Heyyyyyyyy :D

Idek how long it's been since the last chapter bUT ANYWAY here's the next one!!! I hope you enjoy it!

TMI but I'm on my . after like 3 months and idk how to function. I even forgot abt this fucking story for a few days, I've also been streaming Maniac and helping them get the 0325 win they deserve as well as catching up with all the content I've missed out on since around November last year but I've successfully caught up I think everything but then we're having a re-comeback on the 27th or 28th and I'm dying, I hate being such a spoiled fandom (jk I love it) but happy 4th anniversary. The YT live early got my stomach hurting it was so goddamn funny.

I've also got my college to worry abt too, I dropped out of A-levels bc it's absolute bullshit for my mental health but now I'll be doing 1 course, creative writing (I could've done art but a-level art scarred me).

Oh and it's my bday on the 5th of April if yall wanted to know, I'll be 17, I can't say Am 16!!! am a grandmother after then :_(

Uhhh... yeah I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next chapter is already rlly fucking long so look forward to it haha! (i think it's around 10 pages atm and I'm not done yet) sorry if it takes some time for the next chapter but do remember I'll eventually publish it!!!

~ ECHOBRAVO :3