"Yes I'm sure" I say.

"Well can I just take a look just to be sure" he sort of demands while already standing up.

I tense up, "no" I say uncomfortably while backing up a little

If he does he'll find out I have a concussion and he'll see the slap mark and wound on my head.

"If something else hurts you can say so" he tells me.

Why is he being like this

"Nothing else hurts" I say harshly.

The man backs up and nods his head.

"Next week is another appointment so we can check out her health" Angelo tells the doctor.

What!?

"Euhm no there is not. I only agreed to this one" I say looking at Angelo.

"You have to get a normal checkup, to make sure you're okay" he says.

"I am okay, there's no need for one" I tell him, getting a little angry.

"You need one Athena, that's not up for debate" he says getting angry too.

"No" I state.

"Yes"

"No" I say again

"Y-" as Angelo wants to continue talking, he gets cut off.

"Enough" Vincenzo suddenly says harshly and scarily...like John.

I swallow deeply as I try to hide my previous slight flinch by pulling my hood up more and looking down to the floor.

Don't hurt me

I fist my hands together as I don't want them to visibly shake.

My breathing is slightly labored.

"Athena you will go to the doctor next week and will let the doctor check out your head for now to make sure nothing bad is going on. Now stop arguing" he says demandingly.

I don't answer and keep looking down to the ground

"Understand!" He practically yells.

"Yes sir" it flows out before I can stop it.

Rule number 1, always call me sir

Vincenzo reminds me too much off of John but also completely not.

They are the same in the fact that they both demand things and are very harsh. With both I constantly risk being punished, with both I'm scared when they're in my presence,...

But they're both also completely different, like Vincenzo screams power and richness but also danger whereas John screams danger, addict and rapist.

I stop the incredible need to drop down to my knees and await my punishment right now.

I deserve being punished.

I don't say anything as the others in the room all fall silent.

"What" he snaps confusions and anger lacing his voice at the same time before he walks up to me and grips my chin harshly, ignoring my flinch.

Tears gather in my eyes.

I try to pull away but his grip only tightens on me.

"I'm your brother-" he starts when Angelo pulls him back.

I let my head fall down to look at my lap when the doctor awkwardly clears his throat.

Angelo apologizes to the doctor before telling him to continue.

My hood gets taken off and my face gets lifted up.

The doctor ignores the tension in the room and the tears that glance over my eyes when his fall on my slap mark.

He turns my head lightly while looking confused.

"It's nothing" I say as my voice breaks slightly when I notice that he wants to ask about it.

Atlas' grip on me tightens when he sees the injuries on my face.

He seems pissed but takes a deep breath as to calm himself down so he doesn't make a scene and instead focuses on me.

He gives me a comforting smile and keeps holding my hand while gently caressing it as the doctor starts inspecting my wounds.