13 | What Are You Doing Here?

______________

Real Love Baby by Father John Misty

"What's wrong with a feeling?"

_____________

2018

__________

Y/N sat in some jeans, a black blouse, slippers with her shorter curly hair down. It was now just pass her shoulders, and her curls were even more bouncy. The hot June weather outside, made the sun shine into the room as she asked, "do you think the dinosaurs deserved to be saved?"

"Yes, I do." Benjamin Lockwood nodded from his bed, looking at the tablet his daughter held for him. They were watching Ian Malcolm's views on saving the dinosaurs and interview. "That's what we are trying to do," he smiled at his daughter, "that's what the island is for."

"I know," she nodded, "and I want to save them too, that's why I am taking part in this... It also is why I always want to help the DPG."

"Your friend is the head of that, correct?" He smiled, "Claire?"

"Yes," she chuckled as she nodded, "I want to talk to her about this; I was thinking of calling her later this week."

"That would be good," he nodded. "What about Mr. Grady?"

Y/N's eyes went wide as she looked at the door to make sure it was still closed, then back to her father, "Owen and I-"

"Are in love," he smiled and patted his daughter's hand, "that doesn't come in many people's lives, not once." He nodded softly, "real love."

The woman looked down at his hand, "I know."

"I never met him, but from what you told me, and the smile you had well saying it, sweetheart. That is love, thats the thing that you treasure."

She then sighed, "but I'm with Eli now."

"And all I want is for you to be happy," he smiled, "whatever makes you happy, do that. Follow your heart, and know what you want to do, and not what others want... Do you understand?"

"I do," Y/N looked into her fathers eyes, "thank you, dad... I better get to Maisie now," she smiled as her hand played with her locket.

"I'm happy you wear that," he nodded.

"I've been wearing it since Charlotte passed," she sighed, "I've been wearing it for almost all of my 27-year-old life."

"Yes, still not close to 30," he laughed, "now go play with Maisie before she comes up here to find you."

"Will do," she smiled and walked out of the bedroom, down the hallways of the manor, as she played with her locket. Inside was a picture of her dad, her and Charlotte; then, on the other side, it was a picture of her and Maisie. There was a third slot, that came out from behind the second slot. It was hidden behind the picture of her and Maisie. When you would open it, you would find a picture of the actual man Y/N loved, the man that always had her heart. It was a picture Barry had taken of the two back in 2013. They were holding onto each other with goofy grins with the sun shining down on them.