12 | Things Change

Start from the beginning

Y/N got to the bottom of the stairs, walking through the museum of dinosaurs in the manor as her heels clicked against the wooden floors. This room was where she and her sister, Charlotte, would pretend they were on adventures on the island. They would pretend to study and run away from dinos. Y/N then went on to do both in real life.

"Auntie Y/N!"

Y/N was pulled out of her daydream, stopping making the room go quiet. She looked around and saw her favourite girl running up to her, "how's my favourite 9-year-old?"

"Very good!" The girl grinned, her British accent coming through, "where are you going?"

"I have a small business trip to go on, honey," she smiled down at the girl who was wrapped around her frame.

"Your going to leave?"

"Just for the weekend."

"Can I come," the girl looked up at her auntie, with big eyes, "please."

Before Y/N answered, she thought about all the trips she went on with her father. And how before she lived on the island, how she always would visit and go on trips with bad sister, "okay. Let's get your bag packed and tell Iris she has the weekend to do whatever she wishes."

"Yes!" Maisie grinned and held her auntie's hand as they walked up to her bedroom.

Once, the woman and girl got packed and told Iris about the surprise guest going on the business trip.

After that, Y/N said goodbye to her dad, and Maisie to her grandpa. The two then made their way to the airport, getting on their private plane.

"This will never get old," Maisie smiled, looking out the window at the clouds around them.

Y/N looked over and noticed how Maisie was deep in thought as she looked out the window, like her sister would do on every flight. She thought about how Charlotte would always do the exact same thing.

𓆈

Once they landed in Singapore, after the 16-hour flight, the two got off the plane. Taking a private car to the very fancy office building.

Maisie sat down on a couch reading one of her dinosaur books as Y/N went into the large glass walled room, and sat at the long table in the glass office room.

She smiled at her niece from inside, put turned to the man that had walked in. "Hello, Mr. Chen."

"Hello, Cik Lockwood. (Hello, Miss Lockwood.)" A man in his late 30's smiled; he hugged the woman as he greeted her in one of Singapore's official languages Malay.

"Bagaimanakah perjalanan mengambil alih syarikat untuk ayah dan ibu anda? (How is taking over the company for your father and mother going?)"

"Sangat bagus, saya telah mengurangkan jejak kami, hutang dan menambah kekayaan, pekerja dan kawasan tempat kami bekerja. (Very good, I've decreaed our footprint, debt, and increased our wealth, workers and area we work at.)" The man smiled and sat down at the table, "we can speak English, it is one of the official languages here too."

"Thank you," she smiled, "my main languages are English and Spanish, then I dabble in French because of my old friend Barry, and I tried to learn some Malay for you."

"Well, I am impressed; that's more than some," he laughed.

"I try," she shrugged with a smile. "So, Enzo Chen, I hear you have a very special package for me."

"Yes, I do," he slid the file to the woman. "Since I've known you for so long, and you've personally helped me with the company. Then helped my wife, and I... How could I not help you."

"I appreciate it, old friend," she smiled and took the file. "This is bigger then you know; your help is very much appreciated."

"Your welcome," he smiled, "next time, you must come for a proper visit. Leia and I would love to have you for dinner."

"I'd love that," she smiled and stood as he did, "next time we will have to arrange it."

"For sure," he nodded and hugged the woman, "it was nice seeing you."

"You too," she walked out to Maisie.

"All done?"

"Yup," she smiled and held the girl's hand as they made it to the private car.

After the Y/N changed into some casual clothing at the hotel, she locked the files away. The woman and girl then walked the city, eating anywhere they saw was open. They ate enough to feed an army as they enjoyed themselves.

Y/N even took Maisie to get some Ice Kachang, where her father would take her when she was young.

After all, that, when they made it to the hotel room, Maisie fell asleep in the fluffy bed as Y/N sat in her PJs on the chair, looking out the window that showed the city's lights below.

Y/N read everything her dear friend, Enzo, could get on what Eli Mills has been doing behind her back.

She got a scent of it in October and knew she had to get close to him, so she started dating him the next month.

Since then, she's seen he has been doing things. She couldn't get into the computers in the lab under the house, and saw it was back in use, after nine years. She knew it was him, and she knew they were preparing for something. She didn't know what until now.

"Ese imbécil está planeando esto, (That asshole is planing this.)" She scoffed as she read the intel Enzo gave her; she was happy he ran a company that keeps passwords safe for a living. "Todo este tiempo. (This whole time.)"

Y/N sighed, and rubbed her temples, thinking of how Owen would miss her now or not. She thought about Maisies future, and then got angry when she thought about how Eli is using the lab under the house, it's was Charlottes not his. "It's not going to be okay," she whispered to herself.

Y/N took a deep breath, closing the folder and burning it in the fireplace for no evidence. She then got into bed with Maisie cuddling the girl. "I promise you, I will keep you safe," she whispered into the girl's hair and then kissed her cheek. "After then, I'll put Eli where he belongs, and I'll be with the man I actually love," she sighed. "It's not my job to do this, but, who else will?" She asked herself, then sighed.

Y/N's eyes fluttered closed, she was tired from the long day, and the draining information she had just read.