12 | Things Change

______________

hope ur okay by Olivia Rodrigo

"But if your out there, I hope that your okay

"But if your out there, I hope that your okay."

______________

2018
__________

Y/N closed her eyes, breathing in and out. Her mind running thousands of miles away as she imagined the man she loved. He stood on his ladder fighting the same piece of wood he did for weeks; he would always skip to somthing else, but always come back to the same piece of wood. He would look over at her now and then, whenever she was reading, working or doing something. Y/N imagined the nights in his arms, conversations, and love she had for him, and that he had for her.

Y/N wanted him, but plans changed that. Both of their stubbornness changed that. Y/N knew after her plan, she could reach out and fix things, she would have done six months ago, but things changed.

When Y/N opened her eyes again, she stood in front of the mirror, fixing her dress as arms wrapped around her waist. She put on a smile, even though deep down, she didn't want to. This smile was for the wrong person.

"You look beautiful," Eli smiled.

"Thank you," she nodded, "you look very handsome too."

"Thanks," he nodded.

"I better get going, I'll have to fly out for that business meeting in Singapore for the weekend, and on my way, I'm donating anonymously again," she said as she moved to grab her purse and a few folders.

"The dinosaur group?"

"Yes, the Dinosaur Protection Group, or DPG. The non-profit organization based in San Francisco that focuses on the preservation of dinosaurs and advocating their rights as a species." She smiled, "they're amazing."

"Why anonymously?"

"Because," she huffed.

"Your friends there, right," he nodded, not really listening as he fixed his tie.

"Yes, and I don't need her to know it has been me the whole time, her number one financial aid. Plus, she'd kill me. And, I haven't spoken to her in 6 months," Y/N sighed looking at the calender on the wall. It read April 2018, "it's been some time."

"Well, it's fine," he waved off and shrugged, "have a nice flight, I got to get back to work. We'll have to have a dinner for our six-month dating anniversary."

"Okay," she nodded, "I'll see you soon," she kissed his cheek with a smile, then walked out of the room through the giant Lockwood manor. Once she was alone, she started muttering things to herself in Spanish. "Casi ha terminado, han pasado seis meses, pero casi ha terminado. Estoy casi en la línea de meta. (It's almost over, it's been six months, but it's almost over. I'm almost at the finish line.)."