The 2800 year old kiss.

Based off the Hasanlu Lovers.

Sorry if this is trashy or anything, I saw the thing about the Hasanlu lovers and my heart was shattered to the point where I was crying and then Ifeltemotionadwrotethis I didn't really pay attention to the details like spelling, grammar or if it made sense but I hope you enjoy it anyways.

Error ran amongst the people, pushing and trying to find his way through, he after all, wanted to live. Badly.
He quickly found a plaster grain bin and laid in it, holding his upper body up on his elbows.
His home was under attack, the only option was to hide if he wanted to live- of course, he wouldn't give up like a weakling. He'll do anything to live, and he knows he will.

He spent much more minutes inside of it, until he heard footsteps above him as the bin was slightly under earth. His heart quickened, he hoped that it wasn't the ones who came to kill. To fight.
The bin opened, revealing a somewhat nice looking guy with messy hair and dirty clothes, he clearly seemed out of breath and without even saying anything he hid in the same bin as he closed the covering.
" Hey- idiot! What are you doing in here?! This is MY hiding spot! Go find your own. "
The guy looked at Error, he seemed a bit younger.
" Please! I really want to live! It's just for a bit, until we can get out.. "
Error glared at the stranger and pressed himself against the wall of the bin, away from the person.

After a few moments of silence, the stranger spoke.
" So.. My names Ink! What's yours? "
Error gave 'Ink' an annoyed look.
"Error.. "
" Nice to meet you, Error! "
" Yeah yeah whatever, just keep quiet and try to not touch me. "
" ..Okay. "

" ..Do you think we'll make it out alive? "
Ink stared at Error.
It took him a moment to process that, would they? Or would they be found?
" I— I hope so.. I mean, I'm sure I will. "
" Oh, I see.. I hope so too, I still wanted to see so much.. it'd be a shame for my journey to end so soon.. the Journey I haven't started yet. "
Error looked back at Ink.
" You want to be a traveler? "
The handsome guy chuckled.
" Well, I was really hoping to be.. The things I need for it are quite expensive, and I'm not exactly from a rich family. Nor am I that strong, but.. I just hope for the best. " Ink smiled, his smile was warm. Hopeful..
" Well.. Good luck on that, I guess. "
" Do you plan to do anything when we get out? "
" No, Ink. Well- not really, I'm just into sewing. This scarf on my neck, I made it. "
" Oh! I love it! Would you make me one when we get out? "
Error couldn't help but smile back, he hadn't had company- or just someone to talk to for a long while. It felt good.
" I'll... Think about it. "
The guy smiled even brighter, hugging Error.
" HEY HEY! I SAID NO TOUCHING- "
" Pleaseeee? Error? I just, I haven't had much comfort for a while, and at a time like this I think I need it the most.. "
He seemed to look down a bit, making Error slightly upset for lashing out like that, to be fair, he wouldn't mind some comfort either. Yet he would mind physical contact.. Whatever, it won't last long anyways. They'll be leaving soon, for sure.

———————

Loud foot steps and running was head above them, making Ink shut his mouth after talking none stop. Not for long, of course.
" ..What are they doing? " He whispered to Error.
" I don't know. "
Although he didn't quite think about it, Error tightened their embrace a bit. He felt happy— well, happier than normal for sure.

" ..Hopefully they'll be gone soon though. "

" Yeah, I really want to make it out alive.. I- I still had so many things I wanted to do.. "

" Ink shut up, we're making it out alive. "

" Yes.. We are.. "

He stared at the smaller man he was hugging, it was weird. They just met, Error had only seen him for a brief moment.. Yet he still found the guy quite beautiful, replaying the imagine of his face inside of his head. For some part, Error wanted to get out and get to know this guy, maybe they could be good friends.. or more. Maybe they could go travel together and Error could help Ink, he wasn't exactly the person for it but maybe it would be fun to see new places besides the one boring village in which Error has nothing for him. Nothing to stay for, maybe Ink is in the same situation, maybe that's why he wants to travel. To find himself. Perhaps if Error comes too he would find himself as well.. With Ink.

Something though, ruined his thoughts.

It was the lack of air, and the smoke filling the air as well. It was getting harder to breathe, he could tell Ink was starting to notice as well by how his breathing became louder and more struggling.

Ink seemed worried.
" What is it? "

" There must be a fire.. It's already hard to breathe in here. "

Error knew what that might mean.

" ..Can we open the lid a bit then? " He could feel Ink, and himself get more worried.
" No.. They'll see us and- "

The man's eyes began to tear up.
" We'll die anyways won't we.. "

Error didn't respond. He felt his world crumble, literally. Were they really going to die? When he finally found someone who might have been able to fill in the empty place inside of his soul, to make him less lonely. To help him find his place as someone.

" ..I'm sorry. "

Ink very tightly hugged Error, pressing his lips against the others.

He was shocked, and he could tell that Ink was too.

Error pulled away.

" No.. No, we'll live.. And get out.. and live a happy life. "

Ink only smiled.

" Is it weird that I only knew you for such little time? Or that I had only seen your face once for a very brief moment? "

He smiled back, feeling some of his own tears roll down his cheeks.

" Yes.. "

" Hehe.. I know.. But I love you, I guess I can't really say that since we barely know each other, but I do.. "

" Me too.. Ink. I love you and I really wish we could've spent more of our life time together.. It's not fair! We only got so little.. Here."

Error undid his scarf and wrapped it around his and Ink's neck, connecting them. Then he kissed Ink again, keeping it for longer until he felt himself choking. Running out of air.

He opened his eyes to look at Ink, who was already closing his eyes.. Falling into eternal sleep.

Error deepened the kiss before he felt himself beginning to close his own eyes, feeling more tears stream down his cheeks.

It wasn't fair. He wished he could revert time, to meet Ink earlier, to befriend him earlier. He wishes that none of this ever happened, yet he can't exactly tell. Those last moments of his life might have been the best he was experienced throughout his life time. He felt loved. It wasn't a lot, but enough to make a man happy. Perhaps if this didn't happen he would have continued his aimless life in the village all alone for the rest of his life. Never meeting Ink, Error didn't know anymore. But he shouldn't over think, there was no point.