Chapter 39. Moonwalk.

My arm hurts.

But I don't mind...I could smell her hair because she's this close.

Her head on my arm while hers were wrapped around my torso. We were lying on the sofa like twin bananas. She was still wearing the same dress she wore last night while making a drunk confession. Her shoes were still scattered where she tossed them and the bottle of wine was still standing on the floor.

She's sleeping so peacefully while I couldn't even wink last night.

How could she sleep at situations like this? Or is it just me?

God knows how I tried to battle with my own wits and I had to put chains around my demons.

God... I had to.

I couldn't drive her to her home last night because I might never leave. I couldn't even take her to mine because God knows what will I unleash if I ever do that.

So this was the safest place I could ever think of... although I wouldn't even mind that this is my office if only given different circumstances.

I wouldn't take advantage of her at her most vulnerable episode. I'd rather do it with her without the influence of alcohol.

I carefully checked my phone which was inside my pocket.

It's 4am.

I just don't want to wake her yet, I still want to feel her like this.

If she wakes up and ended up forgetting everything she said and done last night, at least I had the chance to feel this.

Just holding her like this...

"Hmm..."

She made a small movement and slowly opened her eyes.

She made eye-contact while I was afraid to say a word.

I feel like any second now, she'd push me out of the sofa and hit me with anything she could grab.

She stared at me for longer than I expected as if to confirm if this was real or not.

I had to prepare myself if my head will ever hit the floor.

But it didn't.

Isinuksok pa niya and ulo niya sa leeg ko and I could feel her breathing against my skin.

Fuck.

Why is she making it harder for me to breathe?

Then she tightened her arm around me like she'll never let go.

"You smell nice..."

Kamuntik nang kumawala ang demonyo ko sa narinig ko.

It sent chills all over my body and God forbid, a boner is a boner. I'm just a fucking man.

Breathe, Enzo. Think happy thoughts.

"Do you remember everything last night?" Tanong ko.

I had to find a way to distract myself.

Tumango siya.

"You don't regret it?"

She didn't answer.

Instead, she moved her arm and slowly got up.

Her hair...the kind of hair you would wake up to after a lovely night.

Damn it.

Her eyes didn't even make it better. They were staring at me intently.

"My only regret is hurting you..." when she said that, her eyes became gloomy.