Chapter 3: Kims to the rescue

Start from the beginning

Few laughs were heard in the audience. Namjoon smiled a bit.

'I'm not struggling being an Interdependent. Most of the time... I even forget about it. It doesn't change my daily life. The most relatable thing about interdependants that you can say is - they have just one significant other, a person designed for them. Don't look at them... don't look at US as at someone with super powers. Look at us as people connected to each other by the red string of fate. Every other thing is just an addition. It's a talent we can use, but don't need to. It's a talent like music, painting, dancing, taking photos, skating, gardening... If every talented person would be treated as a threat just because of it's talent how much music would stay hidden? How much art would be lost? How many sportsmen would never entertain us with their competitiveness and devotion?'

Namjoon made a long pause.

'I'm asking you to not see as heroes. We are simple humans just like you. Our children are struggling learning how to speak, walk, write... They are not geniuses from the moment they are born. They are crying the same tears as you. They are getting sick the same way as you. They are not super strong, nor are they super smart. They are just children. Don't label us. Don't label our children. We will fight arm in arm with you if needed. Because we are a part of this world just like you are.'

Namjoon bowed.

'Thank you...'

Jin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He talked with Namjoon just before he boarded the plane, but right now he really wanted to be there with him. Standing close. Supporting him.

He wanted his soulmate to come back home and be just Joonie.

Jin opened his eyes suddenly, because he heard running on the stairs. He looked at his watch. 1 AM. Why was this boy not sleeping?

Taehyung ran downstairs and Jin blinked in shock, seeing his face full of tears. 6 year old boy jumped on him, hiding in his dad's arms.

'Tae? What happened? Hey, tell dad? What happened?' he said gently. 'Did you have a nightmare?'

'I don't know... My head hurts...'

Jin checked, but his son didn't have a fever. He started to gently massage his temple, but Taehyung was still trembling.

'Do you want medicine?'

'My tummy hurts too...'

'Ok, we will do something with this, honey... Stay here for a moment...' he kissed Taehyung's forehead.

Jin layed Taehyung on the couch and covered him with a blanket. He got up to get his doctor bag and fetch some medicine from the bathroom. He was preparing the glass with water when something clicked in his mind, when he heard his son quite sniffles and sobs - Taehyung wasn't the one to cry easily.

It was one in the morning, but he texted Hoseok.

Jin: Hey! Is Kookie ok?

He got the message instantly. 

Hobi: He has a fever. How did you know? We tried to give him medicine, but he is throwing up everything...

Jin: We are coming...

He ran to his son's bedroom and took warm clothes and packed some into the bag. He went back to the living room and gently caressed Taehyung's cheek.

'Tae... Kookie is not feeling well. Do you want to see him?'

Taehyung nodded eagerly and jumped out of the couch, not minding his own pain.