eight - Him

Her story was one that I was all too familiar with.

~Flashback to 6 years ago~

"Mom, Mom!"

There had been screams outside for the last 5 minutes; my mother had told me to stay inside, but I slipped through the door after her while she wasn't looking.

Two police cars were parked outside of my neighbors house, the blue lights casting shadows. I followed my mother as we made our way closer to hear what was going on. 

It was then when I saw a little girl standing at the doorway of the house with a police officer holding her back. A woman was being dragged into the police car by another officer.

"You can't take me away from my daughter!!" The woman yelled, still being restrained.

"Mom!" The little girl looked at her mother one last time with tears in her eyes. She turned to the officer holding her back and starting screaming at the top of her lungs.

"I promise I won't gain weight just please don't take her away! Please I promise, I promise!" Her cheeks were streaming with her tears as the police officer slowly nodded his head and held her.

"You'll be safe now Ms. Cassidy. You'll be safe."

Cassidy,

I saw you being taken away from your mother. The scene played in my head for the longest time when I was younger.

Don't let your weight determine your worth because someone like you does not need to worry; you're beautiful.

You are worth so much in this universe.

And to me.

-A