forced love. 5

A new mood had come awash for your lesson with Stein the next morning. What was once your favourite class you eagerly participated in with friendly rivalries driven by the secret want to be one of Stein's favourites, admittedly, was now replaced.

Instead, anxiety and dread made home in your body within your fidgeting hands and inability to look anywhere but forward incase you locked eyes. With him.

You could feel him next to you. Possibly studying you. If everything was normal he would've tapped your shoulder and raised a brow in concern, fix your hair to fit his standard and bring your problems into a more sensible light.

You huffed.

The problem was him!

You scanned the bottom row for Soul and saw him, mostly unbothered and half asleep. You smiled. If he was injured badly you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.

Interrupting your thoughts, a neatly folded letter made it's way in front of you after being passed down the line with your name written in neat handwriting.

(Y/N)

Your felt your heart thump. This could be anything. It read:

Can we talk?

-Maka

You sighed from relief. Yes Maka! We can talk! About something normal! Hopefully not love related! Or about obsessive best friends who hurt your other friends-!

You searched for her with your eyes and met hers, you nodded and she smiled back before facing her front.

You felt a shift next to you and almost gave yourself whiplash from instinctively turning to Kid to ask what's wrong. Despite your efforts you saw harsh eraser lines all over his now grubby paper and could see he was in another symmetry spiral.

Your heart ached wanting to soothe him.

You took his paper from him wordlessly and swapped it with a crisp white one from your folder. You stuffed the other one filled with his attempts to be perfect in your pocket and turned back to Stein with your nose up.

"(Y/N)..." Kid muttered, his gratefulness interlaced with shock.

"Kid." You replied curtly. The bell rang and you packed your things swiftly, making your way down to Maka before a conversation could possibly bloom.

She met you with welcoming green eyes and you gave her a quick hug, breathing in her scent of fresh clothes and distant daisies.

"Let's go on a walk." She offered, and you nodded.

-

"So, I think you know why I want to speak to you, (Y/N)." Maka said, slightly bashful.

You groaned inwardly.

"Is Soul alright?" You asked.

"Yes! Just confused. Like the idiot he is he let Kid have at him because he could tell he was "pent up""

You bit your lip in concern. Had everyone started to notice Kid's odd actions?

"I was just wondering if you could talk to him and tell him to take a day off or something. Maybe you two could plan a trip this weekend? I know you're close."

Her voice had a hint of mirth and you blinked at her stupidly. Did she not know the reason for Kid's outburst? Did everyone think he was just having a hard time?

You scoffed, almost about to tell her before Blackstar crashed in with Tsubaki.

"Sorry you two. He's a bit.. Excited." Tsubaki apologised.