“Don’t call me that! Don’t call me that, that’s what he calls me, just don’t call me that never call me that, Harry promise, promise!” Zayn yelled frantically from under the pillow, and Harry watched the boy with wide eyes.

“I…I won’t, babe. I just think you need to calm down.” Harry told him, before he slowly laid down next to him, removing the cushion from being so close to Zayn’s face. Zayn was still crying, yet still trying to control his breathing at the same time.

“Harry’s here, it’s okay.” Harry whispered, putting his pink lips next to Zayn’s ear. Harry then moved his head slowly so that it was nuzzled into the back of Zayn’s head and neck. His nose and lips were grazing the beautifully soft skin on the back of the younger boy’s neck. One of Harry’s hands was holding onto Zayn’s arm, while the other softly stroked the bare skin of the boys bruised side. Zayn was holding onto the cushion with all of his strength, as he cleared his soul of all of the bottled up emotion that he had been storing.

“It’s okay to cry, it’s okay not to be okay.” Harry whispered, his words fluttering onto the back of Zayn’s neck, and making the boy’s breathing become calmer.

“It’s okay to cry.” Harry whispered to him, placing a kiss on the boys’ neck.

Zayn Malik was sat on the edge of the sofa. Harry was sat next to him, holding yet another one of his T-shirts in his hand.

“So, what happened?” Harry asked Zayn softly, although he was looking at him warily. Zayn had stopped crying by now, his breathing had also reached normal rate, but his face was etched with how tired he was, even though he refused to sleep. Harry looked at Zayn, not really expecting an answer.

“When you show up at my door at this time of night, completely broken, I naturally start to feel really fucking worried.” Harry tried again, keeping his voice soft. Zayn sent a sideward glance to Harry.

“You’re my teacher, you have to be worried.” Zayn spoke, his voice rough, as if he had been gargling nails.

“But I’m also the guy who is falling for you…” Harry spoke honestly, which made Zayn look at him properly. Zayn looked at him for a long moment, and Harry reached over and put his hand on Zayn’s, entwining their fingers together, squeezing them comfortingly.

“And because of that reason, I like to think I’m entitled some sort of answer.” Harry finished, looking at Zayn hopefully. Zayn looked away and sighed.

“Can I put the T-shirt on, first?” Zayn whispered, and Harry could hear the absolute hatred behind that sentence. Harry nodded, and released Zayn’s hand, but watched as Zayn looked down at himself, before scoffing and looking to the ceiling with watery eyes again.

“I’m so ugly.” Zayn choked on every word, and Harry felt his own tears prick at his eyes. Harry moved up closer to the boy and held his face in his hands.

“You’re not ugly, Zayn. You’re perfect, to me.” Harry whispered, before placing his forehead against Zayn’s. The two boys’ gazed into each other’s eyes, before Zayn leaned his lips forward and placed a long, soft kiss onto Harry’s lips. Harry took in every moment of the kiss, savouring it, placing it in a special place at the back of his mind, before the kiss broke off.

“You just close your eyes, breathe, and tell me whatever you want to say. It’s me, Zayn. I won’t hurt you.” Harry whispered, moving his hands away from Zayn’s perfect cheekbones. Zayn looked at him, and Harry knew that he had believed what he had said. He gave an encouraging nod to the younger boy, and Zayn nodded back a little bit, before he closed his eyes.