"Zing chose you for a reason." He answered and I sighed again, not quite wanting to hear his answer.

"I understand that. In fact, the note told me that he believed I was the only one capable of saving the world or some other BS that I don't really have time to care or worry about. It just doesn't make sense at all–"

"I–" Akan interrupted me, sitting straight up as if he came up with a grand idea. "I think the only option we have now is for you to go to where Melan and Zing worked for so long. I know we have some papers, but I think that you would probably know what exactly to look for or know what to do. We only grabbed random stuff that we thought may be important, but we don't actually have any idea where to start. We had a generalized idea, but not specific stuff to bring. Plus, it's been years since Iban and I have been back there, who knows if we skipped over something important." Akan looked over at Iban mostly when he spoke, as if asking for his approval. However, Iban never looked upset at the comment, in fact, he looked happy at the prospect of going home. Though, I didn't really feel like his happiness would persuade me much. And Iban seemed to notice that I didn't really care for his expression.

"That's actually a great idea," Iban replied, allowing Akan to settle his shoulders. "We can't say for certain that we brought over anything worthy of inspection in the first place. I think it was pure luck that you managed to find a paper that was so significant for you. I think that if you were to go to Zing's cabin, you would be able to discover more things."

I could feel my body slowly sinking towards the ground, as I struggled to fight against the urge to run away with Caiden back to the kingdom and ignore this whole situation. I wasn't sure if my curiosity would outweigh my intense need to do nothing. However, once I glanced back down at Melan's letter, at the messily drawn English, my curiosity slowly started to overtake my annoyance. Though, there was one problem.

The moment I turned to Caiden, he held his hand up, preventing me from speaking, as if he already knew what I was going to say.

"There's no way in hell that I'm missing this opportunity. You can't get me to go back to the castle after this whole situation. It's so interesting! Quite possibly the most interesting thing I have heard... well ever!" His face looked animated, and it sent my heart into a frenzy at the look. "Plus, I can't have you–" Caiden abruptly shut his mouth, refusing to finish his sentence. I frowned; my once jittery mood was gone as I saw he was keeping me from something. Can't have me doing what? What the hell was he talking about?

I opened my mouth to ask, but Caiden once again interrupted me, his voice coming out in a slight stutter. "A –Anyway, there's no way you're getting rid of me. And even if you try to ditch me, I will do everything in my power to follow you." Caiden sat up abruptly so that he could move closer to me, his eyes intimidating, and his finger raised in warning. "I promise you; I will run away and get myself killed unless you take me with you." I frowned and stared back at him, unbelieving he had such a coldhearted nature. I wasn't one to turn down the prospect of a challenge, but honestly, as I stared back at Caiden, I realized that I didn't really have it in me to continuously turn him down.

Plus, not that I would ever admit, but there was probably something deep down asking him to stay with me so that I wouldn't be forced to go through something so huge by myself, just like I did back on Earth. So that there was someone next to me that would also be confused in this whole situation.

So that I didn't have to save the world alone.

"Fine." I gave out a large sigh, rolling my eyes, and leaning back on my hands to stare up at the roof of the cave. "But it's not like I didn't warn you." I could practically feel Caiden's smile lighting up the room, so I deliberately chose not to look at it, fearing that I would get lost in it. Instead, I looked over at Iban.