P23, turn

Change of plans. Came to the realization that today could be your last day, or that with a simple disease you could be out of running forever.

And if you have the opportunity to changes things up, do it. Do the things you've always wanted to do, the dreams you had. Before you know it, you change could be gone. And you're too old.

That's why Daley left, on tour. The money she made with selling her apartment, she bought a van and traveled. Explored the world with Sydney, in a way she never thought she would ever do, but here she is.

Learning about herself, having figured out who she is. Left the past in the past and living in the now. Met amazing new people and let go of people that gave her bad energy.

New year new me, that's what 2021 has been for her. She has become that girl. Proud of herself for doing all of it solo, well with Sydney by her side then, together they are a team.

Today she's back, the loud noises that she missed. Ten times louder in real life then on tv, because whenever she could she would watch. Of course.

She hasn't been completely off grid, still lots of contact, working for PBR now and then. Again this year having designed the new look of the car. Already busy with next years look, with the new regulations, the futuristic look. So many opportunities.

      Wanted to avoid it, but there was no change. Despite the busyness, everywhere, the change of passing each other is unavoidable.

Watching his smile fade a little, knowing she's the one to blame. Feeling sorry, for what she's done to him. Guilty. She missed his smile, the smile only Daniel has. The smile that makes you smile, no matter how you feel. Because it is contagious.

Unable to look at him too long, he probably doesn't wanna speak to me ever again. Quickly keeping on walking.

He's looking good in papaya, blending in well with the orange crowd. Not denying that that feeling she used to feel back then, is still happening, deep down, it's there. Or maybe it is the nerves.

Daniel did not expect to see her here, today, out of the blue or should he say orange. He had to look twice, but she's unmissable. Still beautiful. But it hurts, he was broken for a little while. He wasn't able to express himself the way he wanted to to her, he chickened out and then lost to time. As she had already left. There was minimal contact when she was on her trip. They went their separate ways, both moved on, sort of. Stalked each other on Instagram, a couple messages now and then, but that was it.

Daley passes the McLaren motorhome and continues to the one of Porsche Banks Racing. It's been a walk all the way from the station, as you're unable to come to the circuit by car. Well she could've come by car, if she informed on time. Not minding the walk, it's fun to see what the fans see, walk among them. It's good to be back.

     They both come to a stop, hoping for it, as they want to talk to each other. But neither knows where to start. It's like they forgot how to talk to each other. Just standing, waiting for the other to start.

'Hi.'
'Hi.'

Daniel is getting ready for qualifying, all suited up. He doesn't have too long.

'Can you talk? Later today?' Glad she's the one who asked. Her clam hands in the back pockets of her jeans.

'Yeah, I'll text you the address of my hotel?'
'Yeah, ok.'

Glad its gonna be tonight, so she's able to mentally prepare herself for the conversation. Thinking of all the things she wants to say. Apologize. That's for sure. Not sure he'll ever forgive her, but hopes he will.