A Party

CW: alcohol use

The dress looked ridiculous. Did she need a dress? How does one dress to meet your fake fiancé's friends for the first and possibly only time?

She shrugged at herself in the mirror, grabbing and pulling at the hem. Nicole had become more accustomed to Fred's room as she turned around to glance at the back of the dress.

Fred walked out of the bathroom, rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt, which had the collar popped and the first few buttons undone, teasing a glance at the strong chest tugging at the fabric.

"Do I look ridiculous?"

Fred shook his head, "You look proper fit, Nicole," He took a seat at the end of his bed, directly across from the full length mirror, "we both do."

"Well what kind of party is this? If it's going to be a sweaty fucking moshpit i'm throwing on leggings."

"Nicole, you could never go wrong with a dress, trust me. But you are missing a few buttons." She met his eyes in the mirror watching him slowly rise from the bed, sauntering over to stand behind her in the reflection. His fingers were cold as he gently grazed her bare back, lifting goosebumps in his track.

He took his time, handling each button as if it could disappear in his grasp. On the last one, he looked at her, possibly seeing deep within that made Nicole nervous. She was the first to break away.

"There", he pulled her hair back over her back, "All done."

Nicole moved around swiftly flopping down on his bed. Grasping a worn, brown arm, she pulled the teddy bear into her lap.

Fred shoved his hands in his pockets. "You nervous?"

She ran her fingers over the textured fur, "Always."

"It's a party Morris. It's supposed to be fun."

He plopped down beside her, the bed bouncing under them.

Nicole held the teddy to her chest, moving the arm to it wave at Fred, "So, who is this?"

"Mrs. Cuddlesworth of course."

She laughed, the sound of it sparkling in the air, "Mrs. Cuddlesworth? Pleasure to meet you."

"You better remember it, it might be a question."

She had almost forgotten the point of all this. Fred stood up, holding a hand out to her, "C'mon Nikki, let's go show off."

_____________

The floo dumped them into a small flat with a wide open floor plan, leaving them exposed to the roar of people welcoming them to the party.

Fred let go of her hand, his arms raised in the air as he yelled back, then going to hug a brown haired man shorter than him. "Oliver. Wanker. Wood. Bloody good to see you mate!"

"Thought you were a bloody ghost mate, I haven't heard from you in years!"

"I'm a busy, serious man now Wood," Fred was clearly going to say something else when more men started shouting at him, coming up and patting him on the back as they chatted. Nicole looked around to see who she recognized from the party. George had join in the herd of athletes as a familiar face started her way.

"Is that Nicole Morris I see?" Smiled Lee, coming up and giving her a warm hug. "Good to see you still in the country love," he whispered in her ear before pulling back.

"Well you can thank that oaf over there," She nodded her head to Fred. "How is work?"

"Not the same without my Kiki there, I've got Estrella reading all my work now and I don't think she appreciates me the way you do. By the way she said she hasn't heard from you, she might come tonight so expect a bit of heat for it."