𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦

I move my body to the beat of the tune playing

I move my body to the beat of the tune playing. My hips sway and my legs flounder as I turn once and twice. I feel in my element, fresh and relived, all the negativity being released. For as long as I can remember, I've been in and out of cities, and in and out of tutus and leotards.

As soon as I could babble, my Mother signed me up for dance class and after I twirled around a bit I found a liking for the activity; So much so I still do it.

I finished the number, breathless. Sure I had been doing dance for a very long time, but I hadn't fully mastered the art.

'Aurelia, that was good. It seems your getting better session by session.' My dance instructor, Alessia, informs. 'Thanks.' I reply, taking a sip of water.

Still not the best though.

'I'm guessing if you work even harder, you'll be able to compete up against Reina.' She chides, clapping her hands. 'You think?' I quiz, at slight disbelief.

'I know you can.' She smiled, before laundering off.

Reina had been my number one competitor since day one. She's at the top of her division, and so am I. Therefore, there's an extreme competitive energy channeling between us. I don't mind it though, it just gives me another reason to win.

I swirl the spaghetti around my fork, and take a bite of the dish. After dance, I decided to head to the market, not to really do anything but just wander around. The Market is known for its cultural diversity, unique shops and other recreational activities.

My ears perk up, as I hear a magnificent voice, sing and a guitar playing. I finish up my lunch and stand up, making my way towards the sound.

As I turn the corner, I'm greeted with a crowd of people, circling around the singer. I push lightly through the crowd, and am greeted with the mystery person's back. They turn around, and my jaw drops when I see who it is.

Furosa.

Smiling, he continues to sing into the microphones, his lips parted and a smile spilt onto his face.

And I know she'll be the death of me
At least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me
The worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young
This I know, yeah, this I know

She told me, "Don't worry about it"
She told me, "Don't worry no more"
We both know we can't go without it
She told me, "You'll never be alone", oh, oh, woo

I can't feel my face when I'm with you
But I love it, but I love it, oh
I can't feel my face when I'm with you
But I love it, but I love it, oh