~4~

Lumine had fallen asleep once again. After having the dream of dumping Aether to the orphanage with their parents.
_____________________
Lumine never wanted Aether to be far away and put up for adoption. She just had to follow her parents or she'll end up turning the same way.

"Lumine. Aether has to go away now. He's completely hopeless at this point." The mom said.

"But Mom! Aether can still be helped! He just needs me!" Lumine said tearing up.

"Lumine..."Their Dad said. "Aether will be in an even better place—the orphanage. He'll meet new friends and well... Become happier!"

At this point Lumine grew angry. She loved Aether alot. As a sister and as a brother. But their parents didn't, They always thought Aether was girlish for his age.

His long hair, His golden eyes, his slim body, They hated everything about him. They wanted him gone because they wanted a "manly man". So he was shipped out to the orphanage as a child.

Sadly, They loved Lumine more. Because Lumine knew how to be smart, Strong, And pretty.

Once Lumine grew a bit older, Like 14, She ran away from home. She HATED her parents for doing that to Aether. And decided to "adopt" him.

She ran all the way to gracefield the orphanage, And found Aether talking with 3 other kids, Perhaps also his age.

"Aether..." Lumine muttered as she saw young Aether playing with other kids.

Lumine watched them play. They really looked like they were having so much fun.

If she could just be there with Aether, Hug her favorite twin. If only she—

"Oh. Lumine." Aether as he looked upfrom the manga he was reading. "You're awake, It's been three hours

Looks like Lumine was brought to her dorm. "W-What time is it?" She asked him.

"Hm...Let me check." Aether said removing his glasses and pulling his phone. "It's 11:37pm."

"Nighttime?" Lumine asked.

"Yes, It is nighttime." Aether said standing from his chair. "Your dormates are currently asleep now. They were worried about you y'know?"

"U-uh...Yes..." Lumine Stuttered.

Aether yawned and untied his braid. "Alright then, I got to go to bed." He said stretching like a cat. "See you tomorrow."

"See ya."

Aether then stopped in his tracks, Holdingvthe doorknob. "Oh, And Lumine?"

"Yes Aether?" Lumine sat up again from her bed.

He looked At Lumine before leaving. "It's okay, I'm not mad about being left in the orphanage. You didn't know what to do, So it's fine."

"..."

Then Aether left the scene.
____

The next day was a weekend. Most of the students in the school woke up extremely late.

Except for Aether, Who woke up early once again to set up stuff for his dormates.

He did his normal routine—Like any other kid would do. And set up breakfast.

Aether was so beautiful, people look at him with awe and want to be with him.

Even the smartest and most hot kid of Class 3-E (Aether's classmate) wants to be with him.

This boy i am talking about has a big crush on Aether. He'd draw Aether every single day, And yet his drawings aren't accurate.

"CURSE LOGIC!" The boy threw the failed drawings he made of Aether. They scattered around his room and looked as if it were raindrops falling.

"Mr. Albedo, I-I'm sure you'll get i-it soon." A shy young girl with green hair stammered in dissapointment.

"Sorry Sucrose. It's just that I want to make the drawing perfect and i want to—"

"Albedo. Calm down. We can find a way soon." The girl Sucrose said as she started mixing chemicals.

So not only are men attracted to Aether, But also women! (Called it. Lucas owes me 3 dollars.)

Albedo sat in frustration. He couldn't even ask Aether out. It was that Kaeya guy again. He invited Aether for lunch.

"Ugh..." Albedo sneered and went to sleep.
_________

"Breakfast is served!" Aether said to his dormates as one by one they all stepped out of their respective rooms.

"Hello Aether." Zhongli said rather formally.

"Zhongli, You know you don't have to speak like that." Aether said as he packed away his apron.

"Heya Comrade!" Childe said entering the scene. "Breakfast smells nice as usual."

"Yes, I get it thank you very much." Aether said as he sat down with the others.

They ate breakfast. Rather calmly barely any words escaped their mouths. (Kaeya and Diluc are there)

"Alright, I'm gonna head to class now." Aether said standing up.

"Bye Aether"

"Bye"

Just as Aether left, A grey haired boy stood infront of their doorstep.

"H-hi..."He muttered stupidly.

"Dang it! I'm supposed to be confident in front of my crush!" The grey haired boy thought mentally slapping himself.

"Uhm... Hello! I'm Albedo." He said as Aether looked confused.

"Oh-ho-ho-ho! Look at what we got here!" Kaeya said as he stepped out too. "Hello Albedo."

"Ugh. Not this guy again." Albedo said rolling his eyes.

"Do you know him Albedo?" Aether asked.

"Yeah. We were classmates in middleschool." He sighed.

"Bestest of friends you mean?" Kaeya glared.

"Uh. Yeah..."