048. "feeling the catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away"

Começar do início

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed,

Dolores Jane Umbridge

High Inquisitor

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" an anxious looking second year asked his friend.

"I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," Ron said darkly from not only behind her, but as well as the second year, causing them all to jump.

"Honestly, Ron," scowled Lucia, whipping around to meet Harry and Ron.

Ron merely shrugged.

"I don't think we're going to be as lucky, though, do you?" he asked Harry as the second years hurried away.

Harry was reading the notice through again. The happiness that had filled him since Saturday was gone. His insides were pulsing with rage.

"This isn't a coincidence," he said, his hands forming fists. "She knows."

"She can't," said Ron at once.

"There were people listening in that pub. And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust... Any of them could have run off and told Umbridge..."

"Zacharias Smith!" said Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand. "Or — I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look too —"

"Don't bother with them, Ginger snaps, neither of them has an ounce of courage to snitch on us all," said Lucia firmly, furrowing her brows as she gazed back at the added decree. "Especially not after yesterday... They think you're loony, Harry, sure, but they also caught whiff of your temper."

"You're saying that they're scared to double cross Harry?" Ron scoffed.

"That's what I'm implying, yes," rebutted Lucia. "Also, just because they acted all tough and haughty yesterday, doesn't mean they're like that always,"

"I wonder if Hermione's seen this yet?" Harry said, looking around at the door to the girls' dormitories.

"Let's go and tell her," said Ron.

"Wait! you can't..." But she was too late.

He bounded forward, pulled open the door, and set off up the spiral staircase. Lucia winced when she heard a great groan coming from the entryway of the girls' staircase. "...go. Boys aren't allowed..."

Just as she entered through the door, she was on cue to see Ron attempting to go back upstairs, only for a loud sound of wailing klaxonlike sound emitting from the stairs, and before they knew it, the steps melted together to make a long, smooth stone slide. For a moment there, Ron tried to keep running, arms working madly like windmills, then he toppled over backward and shot down the newly created slide, coming to rest on his back at Lucia and Harry's feet.

"Er — I don't think we're allowed in the girls' dormitories," said Harry, pulling Ron to his feet and trying not to laugh.

"I was about to tell you lot that, but you're just too impatient," smiled Lucia musingly. She had never seen it occurred right in front of her eyes before, so she was actually quite thankful that Ron tried it.

Two fourth-year girls came zooming gleefully down the stone slide.

"Oooh, Lucia, who tried to get upstairs?" they giggled happily, leaping to their feet and ogling Harry and Ron.