✞ঔৣ ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠: 𝕊𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕤 ঔৣ✞

Start from the beginning

Standing up the blonde then extends his left hand to her as she graciously takes ahold of his soft warm hand.

With the aid of Kurapika (Y/n) stands before she turns around to proceed with drying herself off a bit better before wrapping the towel around her and tightening it underneath her arms.

Since she was drying off, Kurapika had already managed to put on his bottoms, which consisted of deep grey-colored briefs and a darker shade of grey sweat pants that hung comfortably around his waist.

Upon his beloved turning around, he then proceeds to pull out one of his shirts, it wasn't anything special or particular in the least but it meant everything to her.

Lifting up her arms, the blonde then proceeds to help her put on his shirt, the loose fabric engulfs her in warmth, a feeling that she could never get tired of, a small smile makes its way onto her face.

"Thank you. I appreciate you... Kurapika." She almost whispered out as the blonde had to look away to hide his smile from her.

He didn't want to make a scene of it, but (y/n) hadn't spoken whole sentences since the incident that happened around three weeks ago.

She had been working on it, he knew she was determined to overcome this traumatic experience.

He would sometimes hear her in the early mornings mumbling to herself, talking to herself in the third person, trying to become normal once more.

"Of course, my angel." His words were soft and carefully selected, he wanted to help by being as normal as possible, perhaps if he acted as if she wasn't struggling with small things like the dark or speaking at that matter, then maybe it would help her feel comfortable enough to work at her own pace instead of being pressured to rush her own personal recovery.

Although it didn't come easy, there were several nights where she would have a panic attack or have a graphic nightmare and he would have to wrap his arms around her just to be sure that she wouldn't harm herself in her sleep.

He would whisper sweet nothings in her ear as he held her close, calming her right back to sleep.

She was so strong, he couldn't be more proud.

He knew how much it took in order to overcome trauma, so he knew firsthand what those sleepless nights called for, he knew the physical feeling that came with those vivid memories and the triggers that would be set off by anything and everything.

He knew that she was far stronger than he could ever be.

Stepping out of the bath, Kurapika offered her some shorts and underwear, which she kindly took, it may be a small one but it was still a victory, she was actually putting on her own bottoms.

This day last week, she hadn't even been able to hold them, she was slowly getting used to the normal once again.

Through this entire process, Kurapika has had nothing but patience and adoration towards her, she couldn't be more grateful to have him in her life.

That and her friends as well.

Gon and Killua would stop by and just hang out, it was nice having some noise come around in the apartment, it distracted her as she tried to maneuver herself around better, getting into the swing of things a bit better.

Leorio had also been fantastic, he had actually looked at her wounds whenever they left the facility, he was kind and educated, he even crafted the perfect eyepatch for her, it fit the shape of her closed eye and it had a wrap-around tie that would be tied in the back, she could do it herself but of course, Kurapika was always there to help as well.

He had done the most, however, from bathing her, to cooking and cleaning. Even taking care of Cookie as well.

He didn't treat her like she was broken, she appreciated that the most. He took his time with her, yes, but after all, he still encouraged her to do the little meaningful things, like having her dress herself and making the bed in the morning, easy things to wean her back into normalcy.

Once she had tied the string to her shorts, she then proceeded to bend over to ruffle her hair with her towel, getting as much loose water as possible.

The blonde extended his hand to her, ready for her to pass him the now, needed towel to discard in the hamper.

Upon doing so, the blonde took her hand within his own, guiding her out of the previously steamy bathroom.

The blonde was going to walk her to their bed, until she stopped fully, planting her feet into the floor unmoving.

This caused the blonde to pause in his steps and turn towards her.

He could see her bright (e/c) glossy eye as she stared at him, taking in his all with her singular eye.

The blonde looked down to her, his own grey eyes focusing on her, she was everything.

"I want to say it again." She began as she brought up her right hand to the left side of his face cupping it, in which he instinctively leans into the warmth of her palm, butterflies began to swarm him from the pit of his stomach to the tips of his ears.

"I appreciate you, Kurapika." She looks into his grey eyes, she could see the slight dark circles underneath his eyes, guilt tugs at her soft heart as she assumes that it's most likely from staying up to babysit her.

She refuses to pull a frown that is so desperate to penetrate her face.

The blonde let a small smile tug at his lips as he bends down to her forehead, kissing her gently before looking back into her eye.

"I'm glad it's you. I'm glad it's you who've I've fallen for."