24 - strawberries

Start from the beginning

I shake my head, letting her pace up and down, slowly, but I can still see how stressed she is. I know this bugs her, and I wish every single day that people would leave her the fuck alone.

"Here's an example, okay?" She holds the phone towards my face and it reads...

Emilia Violet left little to the imagination last weekend, wearing a tiny skirt and a tight corset for shopping with friends.

She scrolls again to reveal more, they're all along the lines of how much skin she's showing and who she's dating and others that are just plain rude, attacking her for her stomach or waist or legs or arms. They all have something to say behind their stupid ass screens.

Each one makes me a little bit more angry, a little bit more, and then just a little bit more.

"Do you get my point?" I nod again, wrapping a hand around her wrist to get the anxiety pacing to stop. "I mean seriously, they can never just stop. Why? Why do they have to comment on thi-"

I pull her in to me before she can cry, it's a failed attempt when she sobs quietly into my chest. Whether it's a muffled cry or not, it hurts just the same to hear her like that.

"I'm not crying in front of you, again." She mumbles and I kiss the top of her head. "Cant see your face, don't worry about it."

I might not be able to see it, which may give her some reassurance, but I can still see it. I can picture it, the tears welling her eyes and the mascara that she wears from the pink bottle that Blair gave her would be slightly smudged.

"Why do they have to comment on my body? Cant they just leave me alone?"

Ouch ouch ouch. Each word hurts a little more, not only because this affects her, but it's that it happens daily. Every single day she gets this.

"I know.." After a couple minutes of my arms around her and her face in my chest, she pulls away and turns around.

But I cant let her wipe her own tears, I'm here now. I'm here for her to do that, whether she likes it or not. She has me now. I'm hers.

I tap on her shoulder and she turns back to me, letting me remove the hands from her face so I can wipe those pretty tears away from her pretty eyes.

"You're perfect." I admit, silencing whatever protest she's about to give me before continuing. "In my eyes, you're perfect. Okay?"

Thankfully, she nods and picks up her heels off the floor, slipping her feet into them. "I'm gonna get changed. Then you're gonna take me to this surprise."

"Wait... I thought you were worried about someone spotting us." I relax at the change of tone and the light shrug of her body.

"You say I can trust you and I do. So this is me, putting my trust in you. Can I?"

Yes yes yes yes yes.

"Yes." Im grinning now and there's no point in hiding it. Mila wears a teeny tiny smile as she walks back up the stairs and across the stage.

"Wear something comfortable!" I call out when she turns the corner.

.....