𝟎𝟐𝟕 ━ PETER HALE'S MEMORIES

TEEN WOLF S2 E1 'OMEGA' 

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN. 

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST 2011

[74 HOURS AFTER THE DEATH OF KATE ARGENT]

THE DRIVE TO the small town of Beacon Hills had been exactly how Allison described it: tedious.  Maybe it was the fact that Irene had little to no opinion on the move or the fact that this small town didn't seem like a very interesting place to move. Or it was the fact that she had moved for revenge and to kill an innocent girl. 

She had loved her father, Leo, don't get her wrong. But, there was also this pressure he seemed to push onto her after she was introduced to the Argents and the supernatural world. 

Irene's mother, Estelle, had been on another one of her out of the country business meetings. She was about twelve years old; turning thirteen that December. Her father would normally be the one taking care of the girl. At times it felt like Estelle was never really there. She seemed like a workaholic and even if Irene didn't want to admit ither mother was one. 

Estelle always had a new place to visit. New places to get information from, new hunters to meet. But the time she spent across the globe went so fast that next thing she knew, she hadn't spoken to her daughter for a year. She had gone completely MIA for a year.

Leo did everything he could to make sure Irene wasn't totally sadden when Estelle hadn't called for her birthday. There was many flaws to Estelle, including the fact that she had horrible timing. Especially when leaving someone. Leaving three weeks before your daughter's twelfth birthday had to be a perfect example of it. Still, Leo did everything he could to make sure Irene had a happy year. Taking her to the fair, going to the movies, buying ice cream together, anything that a twelve year old would want. 

At times he wished he could just run away with his daughter. Run away from the family rules he had to put his daughter through. Run away before Irene would have to start over again. Run away before her childhood got taken away from her. Run away from their part with the supernatural. But, he knew he couldn't do that. Because, after all, Estelle would've wanted her daughter to follow her footsteps. And both Leo and Irene couldn't help but still love the hunter. 

As a Delgado, you were never born training as a hunter. You only learn about the supernatural and your part in it exactly two months before your teenage years. Specific but crucial. 

On that day, October 28th, Irene had a surprise visit from no one other but her mother. Maybe if she wasn't hid from the hunter world, she would've understand why her mother was there. Because when thinking of Estelle Delgado now, it seemed like she always wanted something. She was never pure hearted as she seemed to be. Maybe that's why she and Kate Argent were such good friends...