Chapter VI - Progress

You rush towards the infirmary with just Uraraka trailing behind you. There were more people earlier, but it was 6:49 PM now and everyone but you two had headed home.

Aizawa told you and Uraraka that Midoriya and Bakugo were starting to gain consciousness, and you rushed towards their room.

Quickly sliding the door open, you rush in to see Midoriya smiling softly at you and Ochaco, and Bakugo with his eyebrows furrowed drinking water.

"Why the fuck are you idiots still waiting for-" Bakugo says but is cut off by you and the brown haired girl beside you.

"Izuku!" You and her shout, rushing over to his hospital bed and checking on him.

You can hear Bakugo muttering curses under his breath, and you could hear words like "shidiots" and "when i get my hands on them..".

You turn around to meet the gaze of an infuriated Bakugo, heading over to his bed and crossing your arms.

"So.. bad injury huh" You start, not meaning to tease him but you did instinctively.

"DO YOU WANT TO GO WEAKLING EXTRA?! YOU WISH YOU WERE ME. I SHOULDVE WON!" He shouts at you.

"SHOULDA, COULDA, WOULDA, BUT DIDNT. DONT YELL AT ME FOR TRYING TO CHECK UP ON YOU, APPARENTLY YOU'RE DOING JUST FINE!" You yell back.

You both stare at each other intensely, eventually crossing your arms, pouting, and looking away.

"Go trip." You whisper harshly.

"GO DIE." He says trying to imitate your voice, attempting to whisper loudly but it comes out as more of a yell.

You roll your eyes and before turning to face away from him, you add a small remark.

"A thank you would be nice." You whisper.

"You tripping into paralyzation for life would be nice." He whispers back.

You give him a sarcastic smile before joining Uraraka in worrying about Midoriya.

You hear Bakugo get up from his hospital bed and slide the glass door open and shut.

You figured he was just going to change, since the clothes his mom dropped off for him was no longer on the chair next to his bed.

After a while of talking with Midoriya and Uraraka, you decide to give them some alone time. You say your goodbyes and start to make your way out of the room.

Before you walk out, you hear a small buzz and look over at the chair that is next to Bakugo's now vacant bed.

You realize it's his phone and that he must've forgot it on his way out. You pick it up and and notice a text from "Old Ugly Hag".

"Is this his mother? How could he call the woman who has cared for him for 15 years a hag?" You wonder.

You then notice his background, which is a picture of him and a woman who looks a lot like him making curry in their very nice-looking kitchen.

His eyebrows were furrowed like usual, but instead of being because of anger, it was because of concentration. He looked a bit younger and shorter, this must be at least a year or two ago.

You smile slightly at the thought of Bakugo actually feeling an emotion other than anger and hatred. You lower your arm with his phone still in your hand and walk out the room.

You try to find him, heading over to the entrance of the infirmary and then to the waiting area. It's only when you walk outside that you find Bakugo sitting on the curb in front of the building.