Chapter I - Introduction

(you don't meet bakugo in this chapter. it gives you background information tho, so i suggest to not skip)

The cheers from the crowd finally started to subside. All you could hear was the pounding of your heart in your chest and you started to get really nervous but didn't shake or tremble. You bounced the ball once, then again. You got ready to shoot and as you jumped in the air and released the ball, the screams and shouts from the crowd flooded back into your ears. Everything seemed as if it was in slow motion. You watched the ball soar closer and closer to the net. As your feet met the ground again your eyes didn't lose contact with the ball. Eee, eee, the ball went as it hit the hoop. Moments later it fell in the hoop. Swish. The timer ran out less than a second later. You had won the game for your whole team. For the whole school.

"Y/N! Wake up, Y/N!"

You suddenly woke up. As your eyes blinked from rapidly to rather slowly, you gained your vision. Your friend Shoto Todoroki was waking you up.

"Come on Y/N we have school in like 30 minutes. You overslept again" Shoto said as he slipped his blazer on.

"Get up and change already" He said again in his usual cold and dry voice. You couldn't really see how anyone could possibly like him. He was always so serious. Of course, he was great when he wasn't. Those moments definitely made some good memories.

You've known him since grade school, and have been pretty inseparable since then. He's liked you before, but you never liked him back. That was a while ago though.

Today was your last day of middle school, you were kind of sad if you were being honest with yourself. You were going to go to the entrance exam for UA High, and not many of your friends decided to do that too.

You and Shoto got in on recommendation, but you were train wreck nervous. You didn't think you deserved it, as confident and cocky as you were, because you doubted yourself in everything. You loved competition and you knew you were good, great at that, but you needed constant reassurance.

Exactly what this entrance exam will provide you.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a yelling Shoto. "Y/N COME ON!!!" he grunted, his arms crossed standing at the door of your room staring at you with an unusual 'could you be any more stupid' look.

"Yeah, yeah, I know Sho you don't have to remind me" you reply, in a very unenthusiastic tone.

As you head over to your dresser to grab your uniform collared shirt and knee length khaki shorts with your navy tie, Todoroki threatens to leave without you, both of your bus passes dangling in between his fingers.

"Just wait a damn second!" You yell, finishing the 3 buttons on your shirt and lacing up your white sneakers.

•••••

7:30 AM, at Kenshi Yonezu Middle School

(First Person POV)

I was walking towards my first block, until I got stopped by my girl best friend, Mina Ashido. Man could I take a bullet for her— though she's too energetic sometimes, hah. But still, I can't deny I love her to death.

"Hey Y/N! How've you been?" she said as she released me from the hug she just pulled me into.

"I'm good- definitely had an interesting morning though" I said, kind of in an uninterested tone— she definitely didn't take that the wrong way though. Thank god.

"I'm guessing you overslept again?" Mina said as she started to walk me to my first block.

"Yeah, kind of.. but Todoroki woke me up like usual, since he stayed over again" I replied trying to keep up with Mina's quick pace.