Chapter 55 - How Could You?

Start from the beginning

Call: *ends*

Screen: *goes back to the main page*

Atsumu:  .    .    .

Sakusa: *nervous* *nervous*

Sakusa: <Is he .  .  . gonna believe it?>

Atsumu: *eyes the board again*

Sakusa: .  .  . D?

Sakusa: .  .  . I?

Sakusa: .  .  . C?

Sakusa: .  .  . K?

Atsumu: *eyes the right side of the board*

Sakusa:  .  .  . H? ...Dickhead?

Atsumu: *blinks twice*

Sakusa: *chuckles*

Sakusa: Osamu's a dickhead??

Atsumu: *blinks a lot of times*

Sakusa: *exhales of relief* He's a dickhead indeed .  .  . *puts down the board*

Sakusa: Don't worry about him .  .  . He'll be fine...

Sakusa: <He has to be .  .  .>

During the time, Atsumu has also been asking Sakusa about the kid that became his donor.

However, Sakusa said that the kid hasn't woken up yet and the parents don't want to meet Atsumu until their own son is awake.

It concerned Atsumu but he understood.

•••••
10 days after the surgery

The tube has already been out of his mouth.

Atsumu: Is he .  .  . still not awake yet?

Sakusa: *shakes his head and lowers it*

Atsumu: .   .   .  I wanna see him

Sakusa: *conflict intensifies in his heart but he keeps it in for the sake of Atsumu, so that he won't be upset and gets sick again*

Sakusa: .   .   . His parents won't let you..... You know that

Atsumu: But .  .  . I just wanna thank him myself..... Perhaps if I do that, he'll wake up sooner . . .

Sakusa: *shakes his head* It's best if we just do what his parents want .  .  . We owe them after all.....

Atsumu: *unsatisfied but doesn't persuade him any further*

•••••
A few moments later when Sakusa is taking a bath

Atsumu: *gets off his bed and heads to the ICU* (he's been in the hospital dozens of times, he's memorized most of the places there)

Atsumu: *stops outside of the ICU*

Nurse: *already seen Atsumu multiple times before* Atsumu-kun .  .  . What are you doing here?? Are you even supposed to be walking around...??

Atsumu: <Dammit .  .  . I took too long>

Atsumu: Nurse .  .  . I need to see my friend... Please, let me in .   .   .

Nurse: .   .   . *the whole hospital worker knows the deal about Osamu and work together to prevent Atsumu from figuring out the truth until he's healthier*