How they met (found) you

-Venti-

He couldn't believe it. The love of his life? Gone? One minute she was happy and healthy, the next, gone forever.
He wanted to just crawl up in a ball and disappear, but he couldn't.

Your mother and father went out to eat. The food was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Your mom was still pregnant with you until later that night. She had gone into labor and when you were born, your mother had started to look pale. The lady that worked at the cathedral did the normal routine of cleaning you and checking you to see if everything was fine.
While she was doing that, another woman had gone over to check your mother only to be horrified that she wasn't breathing.

Turns out, she was poisoned.

The person who had served your parents was an assassin. They had poisoned your mothers meal.

Venti was fuming when he found out, but yet, it was too late. The assassin had disappeared.

He was waiting in one of the rooms for the sisters to tell him if you were alright.

The door creeks as venti shoots his head up.
One of the sisters walked over to him with you bundled in her arms.
She handed you to venti.
"She's a healthy baby girl. The poison didn't affect her at all. We found none of it in the test. I'll leave you two alone for a bit."
The sister said as she walks out the room.

Venti couldn't believe it. You. You were here. The final gift left from your mother.

Venti tightened his grip on you, holding you closer crying. You were so innocent. Unaware of the tragedy that had just occurred.
"I will protect you, no matter what.."
He whispered.
You let out a little noise then moved.
Venti looked back down at you, you had hair like his but your face looked like your mothers. He kissed your head.

He will not let your mother down.

-Diluc-

Diluc was walking around the dawn winery until he heard a wail.
He ran over to the noise only to have his heart stop, there were hilichurls attacking a baby. There was nothing around it. No blanket, box, nothing.

He quickly ran over and picked you up. He took off his coat and put it around you to keep you warm. He then put you down by a tree and proceeded to kill off all the hilichurls.

After he was done he picked you back up again and calmed you down. He walked around the area to see if anyone was there, no one. You had been left there.

He took you back to the winery, the maids were shocked about there being a baby in Diluc's arms, but did as he ordered.
They bathed you, fed you, then put you in a old crib from when Diluc was younger.

The next day Diluc went around mondstat asking anyone if they had seen a person going into the dawn winery's direction with a baby. When he didn't get any answers from that, he forced himself mentally to go to the knights. It wasn't him that needed help, it's you. But sadly, they couldn't find anything about anyone having a baby and coming back empty handed.

So, Diluc adopted you. He bought everything that a baby needs and went to the library to read on how to take care of an infant.

-Xiao-

Xiao was doing his normal run around across liyue.
Until he saw something that caught his eye.
A baby tucked into a couple of chunks of cor lapis.
Xiao immediately went over and picked you up because surely that wouldn't be comfortable for anyone.
But when he picked you up and got a closer look at you, he noticed adeptai markings.
They glowed and suddenly, you woke up. You blinked your eyes and looked at xiao. Xiao felt tense, he didn't know what to do. Surely this wasn't a full blooded human child. And why were you just left there? You were too young to even walk, or talk, or eat!
Xiao didn't know what to do, he didn't wanna ask the other adeptai for help because he knew he wouldn't hear the end of it. So he asked his good friend morax, otherwise known as zhongli.

Zhongli and xiao met up on the mountains.
"What was it you wanted to speak with me about- oh. Who's this little one?"
Zhongli said pointing at an awake you in xiaos arms.
"I don't know. I found them in between pieces of cor lapis. They don't seem to be human. I called you hear to ask you for advice."
Xiao said.
"Hmmmmm. They are half human, but there's millions people living in liyue. Maybe put up posters and take care of the little one till their parents show up?"
Zhongli suggested.
Xiao opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He wasn't adopting you, technically he was babysitting you. But for how long will it take till your biological parents find you? Then again... they left you. If they were to come back who knows what would happen next.

Xiao nodded his head.
"Thank you..Morax."
Zhongli chuckled.
"I told you, call me zhongli..But, it is no problem."

From then and there, you were under xiaos wing. He didn't know how to take care of you so he would ask zhongli or Verr for help.

-Zhongli-

You were born a couple weeks before your mother got ill. She ended up dying from a deadly disease that zhongli hoped that her body would overcome, but sadly, she still passed.

He was now a single father. He had lost many people but your mothers death hit him. He had spent years with her and she just left.

He would sit in his room with you in his arms thinking of ways on how to adapt to things that could happen in the future.

You woke up and looked at him.
It took zhongli a couple of seconds to notice. You had your mothers hair and his eyes.
He chuckled
"Hello.. my little lapis... I see you have awoken from your slumber?....." he asked. You just cooed.
His small smile turned into a frown. He started tearing up.
"You were supposed to grow up with her.... why did things turn out like this?"
He questioned himself.
You reached your tiny hands up to touch his face. He looked back at you and gave you his finger. You held it lightly and looked at it.
"I won't loose you... I swear on my life.."