"Kitten?" A voice spoke through the door followed by gentle knocks. Alycia jumps, turning the water off and going over to the left of the sink to grab some towels. She quickly dries her hands before heading to the door. Several more knocks appear but stop once Alycia unlocks the door and the door opens. There Y/n and Alycia lock eyes. Y/n's eyes swiftly look back and forth between Alycia's green ones, worry in their eyes but relief washing over their face. "Come on."

Y/n walks away from the door, glancing over her shoulder to see Alycia trailing behind. The two of them walk around the little convenient store. Y/n grabs several waters and several snack items. Alycia stays quiet and close to Y/n keeping her head down before the two head up to the counter. The clerk looked at the two, questioning eyes lingering on Alycia as she avoided eye contact. Her eyes kept to the ground feeling Y/n gently place the girl behind them.

"Is this everything for ya?" The clerk asks, clearing his throat while scanning up the items.

"Yep," Y/n responds popping the "p", watching the clerk closely. She could see his eyes looking at Alycia. However each time Y/n briefly glanced over her shoulder to the Australian, her head was down. Y/n squints her eyes and turns back around and when she does, Alycia just so happens to pick up her head slightly to lock eyes with the clerks.

"Oh my god-" the clerk mumbled causing Alycia to panic shaking her head at the man. He stops scanning the last thing and reaches one hand underneath the counter. Y/n raises a brow at him.

"Oh my god what? You see a ghost?" Y/n asks, chuckling slightly.

"No, I just- You guys going on a road trip?" The clerk asks, tension in his voice. His eyes glanced back and forth between Alycia and Y/n, which only causes Y/n to tilt her head reaching forward grabbing the bag of stuff she bought.

"Yeah. Something like that," Y/n responds, reaching her other hand behind her. Alycia's eyes catch notice of her hand seeing it go for the gun in her back pants. The Australian shakes her head from side to side, reaching her hand up and grabbing Y/n's. Y/n's eyes soften feeling Alycia's cold hands.

"Your total's 15.36," the clerk said and Y/n nods slightly squeezing Alycia's hand and letting go, reaching into her pocket instead. She pulls out a twenty throwing it at the clerk.

"Keep the change-" Y/n quickly says, spinning around, her eyes locking with Alycia's immediately. "Let's go-"

"Hey wait a minute!" The clerk says cutting Y/n off and stopping both her and Alycia. Alycia glances over her shoulder and Y/n's to see the clerk holding a shot gun. Her green eyes go wide causing Y/n to slowly turn.

"Hey now- What's with that?" Y/n asks, tilting her head at the clerk who keeps the gun aimed at the two.

"No sudden movements-" The clerk pauses, his brown eyes going towards Alycia. "Dear, you alright?" Alycia remains silent, standing behind Y/n. "Dear? Is she hurting you?"

"Hurting her? Oh my god!" Y/n exclaims, chuckling.

"Hey, I'm not talking to you!"

"Damn. Okay, okay-" Y/n turns her head slightly to Alycia, seeing the girl shaking slightly. Y/n clenches her jaw and looks away to the man.

"Dear come towards me okay? The police are on their way." The words that escape from the man's voice echoes through both Y/n and Alycia's ears. Y/n's jaw sets, anger crossing their eyes as hope yet worry crosses Alycia's. So she doesn't move. "Come on dear-"

"Go on Alycia," Y/n whispers, gently, glancing to the girl. Alycia slightly picks up her head, locking with Y/n's eyes. She nods as the clerk holds out his hand, Y/n placing her hand behind Alycia and gently pushing her towards the man. The sound of sirens echoing from the distance as Alycia hesitantly walks towards the clerk with his shot gun. As soon as she gets to him, he grabs her arm causing her to wince as he pulls her behind her. Alycia clenches her jaw, her eyes worried as she glances over to Y/n who shakes her head from side to side, looking at the clerk.

"Okay man, what's the move now?" Y/n asks, tilting her head to the side as their hands stay down at their sides.

"You're going to put your hands up and go down on your knees. We're going to wait for the cops," the clerk responds, shakiness in his voice. Alycia tears her eyes from Y/n and to the clerk seeing him sweating and even shaking. His finger on the trigger is hesitant and uneasy. She bites her bottom lip, looking away and back to her captor.

"Yeah I'm not going to get on the ground-"

"Now!" The clerk shouted causing Alycia to jump, stumbling back. A chuckle escapes Y/n as she takes a step forward, the sirens beginning to get closer.

"I can't man. If I get on that ground and you keep me at gun point, my ass is going to jail-" Y/n pauses shaking her head finally stopping right in front of the barrel of the shotgun. The end of the gun stays right on Y/n's chest. A fearful glaze crosses Alycia's green eyes as she takes a step forward yet Y/n shakes her head causing the girl to stop what she was doing, watching the scene unfold. "If you're going to pull the trigger pull it."

"Y/n-"

"It's okay kitten," Y/n speaks, gently cutting the girl off. "Now clerk guy... Randy is it? By your little name tag here..." Y/n picks up her hand and points to Randy's name tag. The clerk swiftly glances down then tightens his grip on the gun.

"Back up, now."

"Or what? If you were really going to pull the trigger you would have by now. Alycia, let's go." Y/n holds out her hand towards the scared Australian girl. The girl glances to Y/n's hand gently picking up her own hand to grab it but the clerk, Randy steps in front, pushing Alycia's hand down.

"No. The girl stays here-"

"Wrong answer buddy," Y/n spoke cutting the man off before doing a quick gesture, pushing the shotgun to point at the ceiling. There a loud bang erupts causing Alycia to jump and cover her ears, backing away. From there Y/n tilts her head and quickly head butts Randy in the face. Randy stumbles back, dropping the shotgun from his hands. Y/n sees it drop, quickly kicking it away from them before driving her knee straight into his nuts, causing the men to bend over. From there, Y/n throws a hard punch to the man's face causing him to fall to the ground.

"Alycia. Hey, hey," Y/n gently spoke after Randy fell and looking at the girl. The Australian girl was sat on the ground with her hands over her ears. Her eyes squeezed together tightly till she feels hands on her wrists. She jumps and her eyes pop open to lock eyes with Y/n's soft ones. "Come on. We got to go, okay? You're okay."

Y/n nods as Alycia's green eyes flick back and forth between Y/n's eyes as the sirens draw closer. Y/n continues to nod, letting go of one of Alycia's wrists, while gently pulling her up with her other one. Alycia gets up to her feet, pulling her hands off, away from her ears hearing the sounds of the sirens. Her eyes slowly look down to Randy who's shaking his head but Y/n slips her fingers through Alycia's, squeezing the girl's hand as they hurriedly exit the supermarket.

Approaching the car, Y/n opens the passenger side door and leads Alycia to go. Alycia swiftly gets in as Y/n shuts the door behind her. The sound of the sirens draw closer and closer as Y/n runs around the hood of the car and into the driver's seat, moments later. The bag she got from inside is tossed to the back of the car as she starts the ignition and steps on the gas, just as the first cop arrives. Y/n's eyes remain calm and collected, hitting the gas as Alycia leans back in her seat, squeezing her eyes tightly together and grabbing onto anything she could like her life depended on it.