For eleven years after that, she lived a boring life. She worked a job that was specifically meant for women. One that bored her to death as she coped with the loss of her two brothers and the overwhelming feeling of being alone. On some occasions, the brunette had even wished for some sort of entertainment.

Then in the most sadistic, twisted kind of way her wishes had been answered by Hydra.

While held in confinement by the terrorist organization that was growing quickly, she had tried to run on multiple occasions. Many of the times she had been unsuccessful besides those select few ones. But then time after time, she was once again reeled back into the clutches of the group until she had made her grandest escape, running away from the biggest threat she had ever faced.

After all the events had unfolded, she had made her way around many places. She went from New York to a different portion of New York to Wakanda before she finally made her way to Mystic Falls. Each time she had moved, she had been looking over her shoulder with the crippling paranoia that had been accompanying her since she was a child.

And each time she moved, it just felt like another experience of running.

To Elliot, moving to Mystic Falls, Virginia had been one of the best things she had ever done in her life. Besides the arrogant teenagers, the infestation of the supernatural, and everything in between...she had finally felt free.

But now here she was, reverting back to her old ways as soon as a serious sign of trouble had prevented itself. Because with the fear of hurting the vampires and people she had grown to care about, she didn't know what else to do.

So she ran.

~~~~~

It was late at night when Elliot ended up in a random biking bar off the interstate.

When she entered, she fit in perfectly. The leather jacket, the darker vibe, the alcohol immediately being ordered, and the messed up hair from the ride. It was the perfect place for her to take a break under the radar.

At least, that's what she thought.

"What can I get you?"

Elliot looked up from where she had situated herself at the end of the bar. Her tired blue eyes met those of the woman behind the bar, who honestly looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in the dreary place.

"Uh..." Elliot's eyes scanned the back of the bar, reading all the labeled bottles, before her eyes snapped back to the woman. "...just a beer," She cleared her throat, "Please."

With a nod of her head, the woman turned around, grabbing a cold beer, popping off the cap before handing the girl the bottle.

"Thanks." The brunette offered a weak smile that fell as soon as it had come. Elliot then raised the bottle to her lips before tipping back and relishing in the feeling of the alcohol passing down her throat.

Time had passed by slowly for Elliot—slower than usual that is.

It was probably due to her crippling fear of what was going to happen to her and to others if she lost control. She didn't want to hurt anybody. She had never wanted to do that. But she also knew that there was only so much her body could take before she would mentally snap and then physically.

She just prayed that she had a little more time before that happened.

Her eyes had traveled down to her hand, that had black veins running up the palm of it now. With all the noises that were ringing through her ears, it seemed to lessen her chances of paying attention to willing her urges back. Her hand twitched with every sudden movement that happened around her, the feeling of dread bubbling up within her accompanied it as well.