Part 18 A Moment To Regret

The color drained off her face. She couldn't believe her eyes. Shaurya has hugged his so-called Best Friend; 'Ahir', the same friend who was equally responsible for everything. who was the sole reason behind her misery? He is still friends with him?
She gasped and stepped away, heart pounding. the ground slipping under her feet.

Holding her breath, she looked around, trying to comprehence what did she just saw and quickly turned to leave but only a few steps and she felt she would collapse on the ground. Her legs were so numb that she staggered and grabbed the pillar in the corridor. Her whole body was trembling like a leaf.

She was startled from inside. her feet fumbled even on the steady path. It took all her strength to get herself to the car. she did not stay to question him. What can she ask him? Isn't it clear? What she saw is the truth and what he has told her was a complete lie. She clutched her handbag tightly as she headed back to the parking lot. With a shivering hand, she opened the car door.

"Bhabhi! Aa gyi aap! Okay, chalte hain!" Said Kanchan who was waiting for her in the car.

But she couldn't hear anything, she just sat beside Kanchan.

Something has broken in her heart. Something which is not gonna fix again. She didn't realize when they reached home.

"Bhabhi! Bhabhi?" Kanchan snapped before her face. At which she looked at her with empty eyes.

"Hum Ghar aa gye!" Kanchan said eyeing the house.

And Anokhi blankly came out of the car and walked inside.

"Anokhi! Beta tum aa gyi!" Aastha said happily but she seemed to have become deaf.

She walked up the stairs emotionlessly. Aastha found it a bit strange but didn't bother her further.

Anokhi opened the door of her room. And close it after walking in. Her legs were giving up and she just couldn't move an inch. She leaned on the door and closed her eyes. She felt as if someone had shoved a dagger through her heart, snatching the life out of her lungs. The same heart that has started developing feelings for him, unknown of her acknowledgment

And she slipped on the door, dropping on the floor. She clutched her knee closer, feeling small and vulnerable once more.

She was numb, all over. Her heart, her mind, her soul, her body - Everything was numb. She didn't cry. Not a single tear left her eyes. Though her heart was bleeding, she wanna scream her lungs out but not a single word came out. The feeling of betrayal is the worst. She didn't even feel this way at the moment she came to know that he was behind her kidnapping, not even when her family threw her out of their life.

She kept staring at the floor. She felt so empty and drained that she didn't know what to think. Her trembling heart was finding it difficult to beat. His face flashed before her eyes and she closed her eyes in pain.

The moment running before her eyes when she saw him with Ahir and that's the moment she lost all her faith in him. She felt betrayed. Everything he has done till date, seems not more than a lie. His love, care, promises everything was fake? Just to make her stay with him?

She blamed herself for trusting him once again, for believing that may be! May be!! he was never involved with his friends.

She soon grew too restless to sit still. Finding it difficult to breathe, she hurriedly stood up and paced towards the balcony, opened the heavy glass door, and stepped into the open air.
She took some deep breaths to calm herself but Even the fresh air could not help her.

Don't know how long she sat there aimlessly staring at the dark sky where the cloud had now engulfed the stars and when she dozed off.

_