Part-10 Burning Souls

"I would never accept you. I hate you for Everything!" She mumbled before losing her consciousness. He felt her conscious body and patted her cheeks but nothing was affecting her.

"Anokhi" he called her but got no response.

Fear intensified in his veins. Quickly he picked her up in his arms and headed towards his car, not for once paying attention to her so-called family who were still in shock.

He made her sit in the car and he too sat next to her. Taking a bottle of water from the back seat, it splashed on her face. "Anokhi... Please open your eyes... Anokhi..." He caresses her face tenderly. He couldn't hold back his tears.

He started rubbing her hand, he splashed water on her face again and finally, she slightly opened her eyes "I wouldn't...accept you, I'll...never forgive you..." She was mumbling even in her half-conscious state. He couldn't stop himself and engulfed her frame tightly yet protectively. finally, he heaved a sigh of relief. He blinked his tears away. Her words had no effect on him as he was just happy to see her well. He began to stroke her back to calm her down, she didn't have the strength to resist. Soon she fell asleep in his arms, finding solace in his embrace.

He carefully made her sleep on her seat. He took off his jacket and covered her properly.

A lone tear escaped his eyes as he watched her carefully.
Taking a heavy breath he started the car.

It was the toughest journey of his life. She was the solace of his heart, but today she is with him and yet he is restless.

Only he knows how he made this journey to the end.

The car stopped in front of Sabherwal mansion. He took her in his arms and headed towards the entrance. A worker opened the door. Shaurya stepped in.

"Shaurya..." Aastha, who was in the living area, happily got up and walked towards him. But then her eyes fell on the girl in his arms. he didn't say a word and carefully placed Anokhi on the couch. While Aastha wondered 'Who is she?'

But what left her amazed was Shaurya. he is not her Shaurya. He is not the one who left for Kapurthala. For once, He didn't meet his eyes with Her.

"Shaurya...?"

"Please call the doctor!" finally he said something, Aastha got worried and hurriedly called the doctor while Shaurya was staring at Anokhi.

"Shaurya...tum kuchh bolte kyo nhi...kon hai ye?....aur tumne apna kya haal bna rkha hai?..." He didn't have the courage to answer his mother's questions. He lowered his gaze.

"Shaurya..." She panicked, his silence frightening her.

She held his hand and made him face her and then her eyes fell on his hand filled with vermilion. She was shocked. she looked back at the lifeless girl lying on the sofa. She didn't want to think about the possibility her mind was pointing to.

"Who's she, Shaurya?... I'm asking you something..." she jolted him
"DID YOU MARRY HER???" She Shouted, she wanted to hear No. but it's not possible. Truth cannot be denied.

"Yes! I did!... I MARRIED HER!" he confesses, Aastha is stunned. She takes a step back.

Shaurya couldn't control anymore, he hugged Aastha "I'm sorry Mom, I'm sorry... Maine sab barbad kar diya...I ruined everything!" Aastha was dumbfounded, she didn't know how to react but when his tears fell on her shoulder she felt something breaking in her heart and she hugged him, tightly. She is angry but he is her life. She can't see him broken.

____________

After checking up on Anokhi, the doctor left from there.
She was sleeping on the bed. Shaurya was staring at her. while Aastha was looking at her son who was not the same as before, instead of a smile on his lips, there was moisture in his eyes.