[chapter sixteen] I love her cherry red cheeks

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, did you miss her?"

"No." The boy grumbled.

"Why not?" She shot back with a scowl.

"Because it's not you."

Aires eyes narrowed on him as Stiles took a step towards her, slowly pushing her backwards until her back hit the lockers. He was so close to her that all it would take was for her to dip her head before their lips touched.

"I know you, Aires, better than anyone else."

Sparks of heat flew through the girl as he brought one of his hands to rest above her head, caging her in between his arms. As his eyes stared into hers, her breathing slowed to a dangerous pace. Her lungs burned for air.

"I know that if I move close to you, goosebumps will form on your skin." He whispered, slowly inching forwards. "And I know that if I put my hand just here," he muttered, placing a hand on the girl's waist. "I know that it will drive you crazy."

"Did you learn that from Aiden?" Aires suddenly hissed and watched as Stiles slightly recoiled away from her.

He was trying to get a raise out of her, trying to provoke something. And she refused to let it happen. She didn't love him. They would never happen. End of fucking story.

And yet he thought differently.

"You're being mean." He snapped.

She was. Being mean was the only way to get him away from her, to get him to listen. She hated it, she hated the idea of hurting him, but she knew it would be the only way to get through to him.

"You're an asshole." Aires shot back without missing a beat.

"Yeah, but you still like me."

"What are you doing, Stiles?"

"You said you liked me, wait no. I believe your exacts words were 'you fucking love me'." A small smirk tugged on he boys lips.

"Of course I do." She muttered cooly. I love both you and Scotty as friends, you guys matter the most to me. And Lyds and Alli."

Stiles licked his lips seductively as he stared down at the girl, heat flaring in his eyes. "As friends?" He whispered with a tilt of his head.

"Yes, Stiles." Aires replied in the most neutral tone she could muster up. "As friends."

The boy lightly shook his head as his smirk grew. "Nah. Friends dont want to fuck each other."

"What makes you think I want to fuck you?" She shot back sassily, her eyes narrowing in challenge.

"I can see it in your eyes." Stiles whispered. "God, Aires, why do you have to make everything so difficult."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are! You're the most stubborn person I've ever met-"

"And you're the most annoying. Why are you trying to make this into something it isn't?"

"Why can't you just admit it?" Stiles snapped, slightly raising his voice.

"Admit what?" The Hale snapped back. "Get this into your head, Stiles. I don't love you, i'm not in love with you, I will never be. Stop trying to make this into something it's not. I was bored, fucked around with you, that was it. We were just messing around. You didn't think we were seriously going to become something?"

Silently, he stared down at her, and she knew she had won. A sickening sensation twisted in her stomach as she stared into his empty eyes. She had gone too far, far enough that she knew she would get him off of her case.