Jamie Dutton

Author's note: This imagine has mentions of sex and bad language.

*****

To be honest, you knew that things with Jamie weren't good for a while. And women always know when something is wrong...

The way he had been acting lately, coming home in the middle of the night or almost avoiding you, got you wondering when was it all over. But how much time would it take for Jamie to walk away from you, breaking up the promises he made on your wedding day?

Sometimes you would find lipstick marks on the shirts Jamie wore to work or long hairs that belong to another woman on his suit. He always jumped in the shower after coming home in the middle of the night, maybe to wash away all the sins he had been committing behind your back. 

You could feel your heart breaking a little more each time he opened the bedroom door in the middle of the night to lay down beside you without a kiss. The way he had been acting, only made you think if your love was ever real or just pretend...

For so long you thought that loving Jamie was a blessing but, now, it all turned out to be a nightmare.

You stepped out of your car, getting straight to Jamie's office in the morning. The pretty young lady at the front desk recognized you as his wife, and you went upstairs without having to warn Jamie about your presence. As you walked the stairs to his office, you couldn't help but wonder if she, the pretty woman at the front desk, was the one Jamie had been seeing lately. Or maybe it was a different woman every night... 

You tried not to think much about it when you were approaching his office.

Inside your mind, the decision was made. It was time to let go of all dreams you had imagined for your future with Jamie. Because now there was no way that you and him could even make it to tomorrow.

You knocked on the door before hearing Jamie's voice.

"Come in.", he said, as you opened the door.

He stood up as he saw you there. Surprise  written all over his face.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here?", he asked.

"Hey Jamie.", you said. "Can we talk?"

He simply nodded, and you closed the door before sitting on the chair in front of his desk.

"I'll be quick. Don't want to take much time of your day.", you spoke.

He looked surprised to see you there, but at the same time curious about what you were there to say.

"Is everything alright?", he asked, making you think about the last time he truly wondered about that.

"No.", you replied. "We both know everything is not okay."

Jamie sat down, ready to hear you.

"You don't need to keep lying or avoiding me.", you said, getting straight to the point. "I talked to the lawyer, and he will have the papers ready tomorrow. So I guess tomorrow night you can fuck whoever you want.", you spoke. "Oh shit, I forgot you already do that."

In front of you, Jamie looked pale.

"(Y/N)...", your name was the first thing to came out of his mouth. "It's not like that..."

"Oh, it isn't? So how is it, Jamie?", you were starting to get annoyed. Jamie couldn't even be honest with you right now. You knew he had been seeing someone else for months.

Jamie stood up.

"It didn't mean a damn thing, (Y/N). Believe me, honey."

"Jamie... Don't keep lying.", you said. "I'm setting you free. Now you can even bring her to the ranch. I won't be there after tomorrow. You can even introduce her to your father.", you also stood up. "Just be there tomorrow morning to sign the papers."

Jamie walked in your direction and tried to hold your hand. 

"I fucked up, (Y/N). I'm so sorry...", he spoke. "Please don't leave me.", he fell to his knees, begging you. "Please, please, please."

You loved that man so much, but you didn't deserve all that he had put you through. 

"Stand up, Jamie.", you said, seeing him still on his knees with his eyes shining with tears in it. "I made up my mind. Please, accept it."

As you moved to the door, Jamie got up and called your name as you opened the office door.

"(Y/N)", you turned around to see him there, standing by the desk. "You deserved better, honey. I'm fucking sorry."

You looked at him only for some seconds before feeling tears growing in your eyes, and you closed the door, thinking about all the dreams you were leaving behind.