x. achilles come down

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀

CHAPTER TEN" achilles
come down"

tw: abuse, drug
use, language

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ NOW THAT NIGHT-TIME HAD FALLEN ON ALEXANDERIA, BLYTHE JUMPED AWAKE FROM A DOOR CREAKING OPEN. she blinked multiple times, adjusting to the dark room and her blurry eyes. she tried to sit up only to feel some weight holding her down.

as light flooded into the room, she looked up to see michonne, who smiled a bright smile.

blythe tried to return the smile, but she was exhausted and her brain wasn't quite awake yet.

bly looked over to see carl leaned against her, his head fell on her shoulder.

she reached a hand up and gently shaked his chest, "carl."

getting nothing in response, bly took his limp hand and smacked his face it.

the boy jumped awake, jumping for his knife in his pocket, "calm down, it's just me."

carl looked at blythe, then at a giggling michonne, then back at blythe, trying to process what was happening.

he brought a hand to his jaw, "did you slap me?"

blythe yawned, "technically you slapped yourself."

carl rolled his eyes, "sure," he rubbed his eyes, "why'd you wake me up, I was having an epic dream about kicking your ass in pool."

blythe snorted, "still mad I beat you at all twelve games?"

carl scoffed, "of course not, tell her michonne, I'm not mad."

michonne flattened her lips, "I dunno, you get pretty crabby when you loose."

blythe smirked, tiredly poking his chest, "told you."

michonne held her hands down for the kids, which they gladly took. pulling themselves to their feet, the two stretched.

"apparently," carl began, "blythe is a pool nerd or something."

blythe elbowed him, "hey!"

he shrugged, "stating facts cloudy."

bly rolled her eyes, "whatever cowboy."

michonne smiled inbetween the two, "you're both so cute," she said.

blythe and carl's eyes met, finding that each other's faces were red. they instantly looked away, finding anything else interesting to look at.

michonne covered her mouth, "oops, my bad."

she clasped a hand on his back, "time to go home," she said, "it's way past your bedtime."

"I have a bedtime now?" carl groaned, bly snickered.

michonne grabbed his jaw, "carl, you're hardly standing right now, you're seconds from crashing into a coma."

carl yawned again, "I think you're right."

making their way out of the house, bly was hit with the crisp night air.

"it was nice kicking your ass in pool!" she said, before they all separated.

carl turned around with only a frown making bly burst into laughter.

unexpectedly, carl reached his hand up, and took her clip from her hair, letting it loosely cascade down her body.

"it's cold, long hair keeps you warm," he covered. in truth, he just really liked her hair down. he found it beautiful how her long hair would move with the wind.