o. in the dark days

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀

PROLOUGE" in the
dark days" ❝

WHEN THE APOCOLYPSE HIT, BLYTHE WAS FEEDING THE ANIMALS ON THE FARM. she was in the process of giving her horse some oats when her mom screamed from inside.

blythe ran so fast to the house, crashing into the door, yelling, "what! what's happening?"

being nine years old at the time, she didn't know what to think when they said the apocalypse had begun. the fucking apocalypse.

she never seen her parents leave so quickly, running to their laboratory. when they came back, the whole world went to shit.

bly remembered hearing the news on the radio, speaking on how this virus was engulfing the world like wildfire.

city after city would fall, nine out of ten people would become sick, moving on to spread it.

they lost people, everybody lost people. blythe watched as her little brother was torn apart, his body becoming nothing more but a pile of skin and flesh.

she watched as her horse was eaten alive, she had to put a bullet in his brain.

for four years, bly and her moms survived, they were doing good, covering their trails, watching for the dead, and collecting supplies.

blythe found it easy to survive like this, she knew only the smart ones would survive. not the nerd smart, but the instinct smart.

the young girl knew how to run, build fires, climb trees, load a gun, and a whole lot of other crazy shit.

but one day, a herd of walkers crashed through their camp.

the group they joined were all bitten and treated as a happy meal.

blythe's mother was the first to get bit, when her other mom was screaming in fear, a zombie went down on her as well.

it all happened so fast.

the twelve-year-old knew there was nothing she could do, so she raised her gun, let loose two bullets and ran. she ran for days.

the famished girl found herself on the side of the road, she was almost as dead as the zombies.

even the birds would occasionally stare like she was roadkill.

when blythe's consciousness came back, she was lying in a room, an iv was pricked into her vein.

turned out a boy had saved her. that's when she met liam charter. liam was traveling after witnessing the murder of his own family when he tipped over the unconscious girl.

he ended up dragging her all the way to his final destination; alexandria.

years later, blythe bradley finds that she would rather been roadkill than deal another day in this 'perfect home' of alexanderia.

if you're finding my chapters out of order, please lmk