epilogue

just little diary entries from each of the (main) characters to explain what happened to them afterwards

Everything was a blur to me. After I was limp on the floor, I could see Dream's vivid shadow standing over me. Everyone else had left. He effortlessly lifted me up by my collar and exited the house. But when we were outside, it was a barren, dead land. The only thing in front of us were steps.

He dragged me down them, my feet hitting each step in despair. The roaring noises of the train as it passed by haunted me. I stepped onto the creaking train with Dream following behind me. I grabbed one of the poles with my shaky hand. It was still infested with blood. When the train stopped, I stepped off of it. Dream nearly shoved me off, but it had been my second time in the rodeo, and I already knew what to do.

I saw someone huddled in the corner of the leaky walls, steam was covering the area around them. They were repeating a name that was unintelligible. I exclaimed to them, and they turned around. I recognized them as Ranboo. I could tell we were going to get along great in the Afterlife.

Signed, Wilbur Soot

Wilbur inevitably went back to the train station. Though, he snuck in a small notebook in his vest. He carried that notebook everywhere he went, to write down things that interested him or questions he had or things he'd encounter that were noteworthy. In the Afterlife, where there's nothing to note down, he spent the last of his dwindling pages on writing apologies to Quackity. What he'd say if/when he was revived.

He did have company with him, though. Ranboo, as previously mentioned, died due to the prison warden of the SMP, in response to trying to get Dream back into prison. The two of them enjoyed talking. On occasion, Wilbur brought up the Burger Van, the project the two had been working on. Ranboo usually talked about their family life. The name "Michael" appearing multiple times.

Ironically enough, Sapnap was also there. Usually, Sapnap would stay on the complete other side of the train station, away from everyone else in the subway. Occasionally, Sapnap and Wilbur would exchange deadly glares at each other from across the tracks. Ranboo would eventually snap Wilbur out of their little staring contest.

-

I never really saw him ever again. I didn't really see anyone. My work was devoted to researching about slimes more and working on the casino a bit. God, I really miss Slime. I just wanted him back.

My trust issues have continued to become worse. I can't even walk down the path to Las Nevadas without feeling uneasy. Thankfully, I've begun talking to Captain Puffy about it. People were right. She is quite the motherly figure.

Finding a friend isn't the same. Not like it wasn't before Wilbur, long before him it was difficult to. I don't talk to much people, let alone talk at all. It gets lonely. It gets difficult. But, I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust someone else again.

I don't know. Hopefully the future will treat me better.

Signed, Alex Quackity

Most of this is self explanatory. Quackity didn't spend the minutes of his ticking life on tears and pity. Instead, he would distract himself with work. Piles and piles of work scattered his desk, engulfing it. Barely any of the wood was visible at that point.

He started therapy sessions with Puffy. He still occasionally talked to Tommy. But that was pretty much all of the people he talked to. Everyone gave him space, and if they attempted to talk to them, he'd push them away immediately before becoming attatched. He thought he'd learned from Schlatt, he thought he'd learned from Sapnap and Karl, and now he thought he'd learned from Wilbur. Little did he know that someone would turn the corner.

-

Honestly, I don't know what happened. No one would tell me anything. Was it because they consider me a fucking child? Maybe. That's what I wanted to believe at least.

Wilbur stopped coming to the Wilburger. He stopped meeting by the Prime Path. He stopped showing up. It's like he just vanished into thin air. The guy definitely didn't die. He's a fucking stubborn dickhead. He wouldn't let someone kill him, for sure. I like to imagine he's in Pandora's Box. I say imagine because I wouldn't dare go back there. Ugh. Just the thought of that horrid place makes my gears turn. Or could it possibly be that he's just avoiding me? I have no idea. I know for a fact that I'm gonna find that fucker.

Signed, Tommyinnit

No one told Tommy what happened, afraid he'd be traumatized and distraught by just hearing what Wilbur did. So, Tommy would still keep waiting by the Wilburger. He'd wait by the Prime Path. Hell, he'd wait outside of Las Nevadas. Nothing. Sometimes, he would be waiting under that one tree Wilbur always took Quackity if he was sleeping. Still, nothing. He'd gaze under the stars through the trees brittle branches and coarse leaves. Just him, the tree, and the stars.

He wasn't used to not seeing Wilbur. The two were always seen together so much that everyone just assumed that they were related in some way. Tommy was disappointed during the many nights the circumstance would come. He would arrive at noon around where Wilbur used to hang out. He'd wait. And wait. And wait. Until eventually the sun would set, and he still wouldn't have someone besides him. Then, he'd wake up the next morning to do the same thing.

Sometimes he talked to Quackity but he was never in the mood. Their conversations, if you can even call them that, would be quick small talk of "hi how was your day" and "good" and "that's good".

The idea that Wilbur died never sparked in his mind. Maybe he was in denial, maybe it was guilt that he couldn't help due to being literally dragged away, but he never pondered the fact that Wilbur died. He always thought the man was just ignoring him. Which, at the end of the day, made him feel more guilty for not being able to protect Wilbur.

words: 1058