40) One For All And All For One

🦋

Her head was partially covered with a red chunni (scarf), her earrings marking a mild shadow. The ladies, old and young were singing a song, describing how beautiful the bride was. 

It was quite a vision as her rose lips pressed in a smile. 

She looked down not meeting anyone's gaze, the little shyness was making her skin more radiant. 

She was wrapped in a plain light yellow saree resembling a heavenly flower in the blissful field of sunflowers. 

Turmeric, sandalwood, milk and saffron were applied to her body for the golden glow. 

It was the ritual that was making the bride ready to embellish her marital bliss. 

She was getting ready to leave her bachelorhood behind and embrace the womanhood waiting for her. 

The darkness of her henna was resembling the same dark color of their eyes, she could not help but turn crimson when a few ladies murmured among themselves about how her henna was the darkest shade of brown. 

It was believed that the darkness of henna is auspicious and signifies the love between husband and wife.

She raised her eyes from her henna painted feet and looked at the woman in a floral pink saree, wearing a necklace of white pearls with the pallu (edge) of her Saree over her head.

 The woman dipped her fingers in the turmeric paste and gently applied it on Aadya's hands. Aadya shivered visibly when her fingers touched her face, gently applying the paste on her cheeks. 

It was Digvijay's mother. No one had accepted her to come but she surprised everyone like everytime. 

Aadya could not see what her eyes held for her as the dark shades were hiding her eyes from the world. 

Again a smile graced Aadya's lips when her only friend and family, Anokhi applied the turmeric paste on her skin, flicking her nose and earning a pout from her.

Her heart was swelling with happiness when all the ladies, most of whom she didn't even know, poured their love to the new bride. 

Praising her beauty every now and then, she gets to know a little later that they are the family members of the most trusted men who work for the triumvirate. 

They loved her at first glance and accepted her as their queen at the very first meeting when she did not even have said a word. Her eyes brimmed with tears thinking how big their heart was that they had accepted her in the very first meeting. 

Suddenly she gasped when everyone showered their affection in the form of rose petals. She laughed as she touched the soft rose petals that rained over her. 

Lavanya was watching the glow in Aadya's face, her skin was radiating not because of the saffron and sandalwood but it was the effect of the happiness blooming inside her heart