35

Lucas stirs in his sleep and wakes up to find his apartment bathed in darkness. He turns to the time watch on his nightstand and found that it was already eleven in the evening, almost midnight. He takes off the dry towel on his forehead and then pushes himself up to sit on his bed. Looking over at it, he recalls how Riz came to help him earlier. He also remembers how she turns around and left him again.

It will never be him huh?

Shaking his head, he takes the sheet off him and walks over to his bathroom to take a quick shower. Under the cold water, his mind wanders off to what Morgan and Zeus told him the other day about Vincent Xy. After three years he's back again, looks like he has found a way out of the trouble he put himself in. Vince wasn't entirely a bad person when they first met they were friends before. He and his group including Cole Jung, but then Vince starts to involve himself in trouble and that's when he decided to cut any connection from their group, but they were Riz's friends before and as much as he wanted her to avoid them he can't.

Now that he thinks of it, what had happened if Vince didn't come into the picture? In those years that he and Riz's relationship became shaky. Would he have been able to save them and stop her from leaving?

But then again, no one knew Riz's plans during that day. She just suddenly left, no one could have predicted it. They were fine the night before, he was really happy but then he woke up in the morning to find Riz gone.

Changing into a new pair of sweatpants and shirt. Lucas dries his hair and walks out of his bedroom to go to the kitchen, his place was all dark save for the soft light coming from the glass windows at the side overlooking the city below. He was just about to pass the living room when he froze in his place, eyes surprised at the couch.

He saw her leave earlier. She turned around and left.

So why is Riz on his couch, sleeping? She was curled on her side in the small space with no blanket covering her, her head just prep with her hands beneath her cheek.

Something tugs at Lucas's heart at seeing her. She stayed. She fucking stayed.

Turning some lights on, Lucas walks over to her and crouched on the floor before the couch. He watches her sleep soundly.

That's the thing about Riz. If only she hasn't been anything but bad during those years they dated then he would have already forgotten about her. He would have already let go a long time ago but no, Riz has been everything perfect he wanted for someone he wants to love and take care of. She made him feel enough, she gave him hope, and she made him want to dream. Riz brings out all the best in him before that's why he can't leave.

And it's the reason why it was so painful for him when she suddenly left. Something almost close to perfect bounds to get painful when it ends. And Riz, she was the best thing that happened to him.

Pushing the hair out of her face carefully, Riz stirs in her sleep. She sighed and then opens her eyes. They were tired but still found their way to Lucas. She looks at him, still in her place.

"You're awake" She breathes.

Lucas smiles softly at her as he continues to brush her hair with his hand. "I am"

Riz takes out one hand and lifts it towards Lucas's forehead, pushing the through his wet hair as she splayed her palm on his forehead. "You're fine now," She says, voice still small.

"Thanks to you" He answers. "And you're tired. Let's get you to bed" He tells her before he stands up and scoops Riz in his arms then carries her to his bedroom, her body and weight a familiar feel on his arms. He softly puts her down on his bed and then pulls the sheet over her. "Sleep now"

Just as he was about to leave, Riz suddenly grabs for his hand, stopping him from leaving. He turns to her again to find her looking at him, eyes glistening with tears. "I'm sorry"

At seeing a tear fall, Lucas sits on the bed beside her and takes her hand that's holding his wrist then slid it to his palm, holding it tight as the other cups her face, caressing her soft frame. "Riz, why are you crying?" He asks her softly.

"I'm sorry for leaving you" She breathes, another year falling again. Lucas was quick to catch the tear with his thumb and wipe it off her. "You were so good to me and yet I still left. I'm sorry Cas" She sobbed.

Lucas hushed her as he wipes her tears with his knuckles. "It's okay. I forgive you now, I've already forgiven you the moment you appeared before me at the bar Riz. I was just lying to myself all this time" He tells her before he leans in and kissed her forehead. "So don't cry anymore okay? I hate seeing you cry"

He was about to pull back when Riz wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him tight as she only cried more. "Riz..." Lucas breathes as he hugs her back and continues to brush her hair to calm her down. "It's okay babe, I'm o—"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you"

Lucas froze at what she said. Riz pulls herself away from him as she looks him in the eyes. "The reason why I left"

"It's okay Riz," Lucas tells her. "I know that you wanted more and maybe I was not doing enough to make you stay before. I know you that's why I understand. But I can do better now, I'll be better this time around—"

"I lied," She says, cutting him off. "I lied to you Lucas"

He frowns at her, confused at what she said. "What do you mean Riz?"

Her crying worsened. More tears fall as she shakes her head as if she's in pain. "I..." She breathes deep. "The reason why I left. It was never about you Lucas" She says, a sob breaking out from her lips.

Lucas looks at her, then to his fear, he pieced everything together and finally realized it.

"No..."

Riz nods, her lips trembling as she holds him. Her hands were cold as she cups his face. "That night Cas," She says. "Something happened that night while you were away"