Chapter 25

Seth POV:

I get inside the house and walk over to the window to push the curtains away, letting the sunlight creep in. It's pleasant. Nothing equalizes to this feeling, and so I'm attracted to it. I brush a strand of hair off my face and think about my life. It's quizzical. I have no idea in which direction my life will turn into. But whatever it is, I should be ready to welcome.

A smile curls on my lips when my neighbor's kid gets into my sight as he's in his mother's arms. It's a cute view. I appreciate the moment and wave a hand at him until I feel Dean's presence behind me.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my back against his frame before kissing at my neck. His breath is hot. "Makes me glad that I can never get you pregnant," The lunatic's words bring a sudden fear in my heart about how our relationship will be in the future.

I have a secret about myself to share with him, but I don't know how he'll take it. This thing will be difficult for anyone to accept, even me. If he doesn't want to be with me when he knows my secret, I'll be ruined because I wish to be before his eyes for all the days coming in my life. It doesn't mean that I have planned on hiding anything. I'll tell him everything when I feel he'll never leave me for any reason.

Now, I'll be quiet. Not wanting to sound my thoughts, I turn around and press a small kiss on Dean's cheek before sliding out of his arms. I then take his hands and bring him to the middle of the room, wanting to get into the comfortable things. "Are you hungry? I can order a pizza or something." I say, understanding his questioning look and shrugging my shoulders. "Still haven't had a chance to go shopping."

"Well," He starts a tad shiftily, moving his weight from one foot to the other. "I recommend you to cook something with the things that you have. I don't want to order outside."

"Okay, I um.. I'll be right back." I turn on the television and hand him the remote, hoping it'll keep him busy. Our fingers brush at the moment, and it sends shivers throughout my body. Smiling, I head back to the kitchen to prepare something with the remaining things.

The refrigerator is pretty sad. Nothing but eggs, half a jug of milk, some limp green beans, and some cans of soda. Eggs it is. I pull out a pan and set it on the hot plate as I hear the floor creak when he wanders in. The chair-legs scrape on the linoleum floor as he sits down.

I dump some butter in the pan and turn the hot plate all the way up. I start cracking eggs into a bowl before putting in a splash of milk and mixing it all up with a fork. A little salt and pepper. Dash of garlic powder. Dash of cayenne. I pour it into the pan and scramble it up with the plastic spatula. It doesn't take long to cook through.

I dump the eggs onto plates and set them on the table. I wash the egg-mixing fork and another one from the sink. Put those on the table as well. "You want water or uh.. milk?" I ask, wanting to know what he likes to prefer with this.

"Water is enough." He says before his fingers reach out to tap on the table and pick up a fork.

I grab our drinks and sit down with him at the table. I've never been a very dignified eater, but suddenly I'm pretty starving. I rub my stomach with my left hand while tending to shove food in my mouth with my right as fast as possible until it's all gone. I at least try not to make a mess. My plate's empty in about three minutes. Still, I feel it's not enough.

Watching me curiously, he has barely touched his. "Do you like, need some more?" He asks, nudging his eggs in my direction.

I'm terribly confused for a moment about what the other is referring to. Then it hits me. "Are you not hungry?" I ask, placing my hand on his and squeezing it gently. I don't understand why he suddenly doesn't want to eat. Was the food taste bad? Maybe. But I didn't feel it while eating. It was all because I was that much hunger. Wait, what if there's another reason? Yeah. There's a chance for that.

"Not really.. it doesn't taste bad or anything. I don't usually eat until a lot later." He says, nudging about half of what's on his plate into mine and smiling at me.

I grin and demolish it as well. After I chug my water and grab another, I'm starting to feel complete. Happy. Kinda satisfied. I rest in the chair but only a little because a considerable part of me wants to get the work done that's waiting for next. I sigh and get our plates, moving around in the tiny kitchen and washing the dishes.

After the work has been done, I dry my hands with the towel and walk over to the living room, where Dean's sitting on the couch and flipping through the channels before settling on a basketball game. I stop midway and cross my arms over my chest while leaning against the wall. I enjoy leering at the sight in front of me as I think about him. My eyes kill a little, and I can't help but fall.

He came into the life of this nomad as a shadow, and before I could ask, sweet rest and relief that he gave me. Later, after his interest in the game has died down, he finds himself thinking about something and playing with his fingers nervously. Feeling eyes on him, he turns to spot me watching him. "What?"

"Nothing." I walk over to the couch and sit on it before pulling my legs up and facing him, sitting crisscross.

"Nah, I know that look, kitten." He moves closer to me. "What are you thinking about?"

I glance down at his lips before moving back to his eyes. "I'm thinking that I really want to kiss you."

"Why don't you then?" He asks and pulls me in impatiently by the front of my shirt, so I sink into his lap, knees bracketing his thighs. He shifts his body backward on the couch, pulling me closer, legs coming back together under him, arms instinctively wrapping around my waist, tight and firm so I'm perfectly balanced on his thighs, my fingers interlacing behind his neck to keep him in position. "Shall we?" He teases me while his fingers weave through my hair.

I smile and realize the position that we're in now. I'm being just a little shorter than Dean, yet we're perfectly aligned like this. I wish everything will be so perfectly aligned, though. Working up the courage, I breathe in deeply and cup his cheek with my hand before leaning in.

Our lips melt together like a puzzle. My free hand puts on the lunatic's chest because from my position, it's getting hard when he licks into my mouth. It's too much. I have to bite down hard on my bottom lip not to start moaning when he runs the tip of his tongue over my throat, tracing my aorta and elevated pulse while I inhale the heady scent that's clinging to him all hours of the day. I'm getting lightheaded, and my instincts overpower me in the best way, helping me to savor every second of this blissful moment.

"Still with me?" There is hot breath on my wet skin, and a wave of pleasure runs through me, making me shiver.

"Hmm," I grunt back, hoping that the single sound is enough to signal him. My waist starts prickling at the contact, and he undoubtedly knows what he does while I grab every inch of the other that I can get ahold of.

"Want me to let go?" Even as he says this, his fingers sneak under my t-shirt, the warm hands feeling like ice cubes on my sensitive skin.

"Y-Yes," I croak out, thanking whatever reason comes to my mind and realizing in which situation I lead myself into. I avert my eyes and detach myself while thinking of the best excuse to solve the awkwardness. I sit back on the couch and look up at Dean while feeling sorry from the bottom of my heart.

"You have to go to the gym and join your friends, or they'll arrange a searching party for you." I grin at the confused Dean and try to lighten his mood before getting up from the couch. I grab his wrist and drag him to the door without providing a space for him to say something. Forcing him a little, I shove him out the door and peck a kiss on his lips before waving a hand at him.

Halfheartedly, he waves back and gets in the car to drive off. Knowing well that I have broken our wonderful moment, I watch his car until it's out of my sight and shut the door behind me before leaning against it. The moments that have happened a little ago repeat in my mind as I curse myself for losing in him without revealing the secrets about me. If I make any mistake, I can't take it back. I should be aware the next time.