039. "we were in the playground, things are getting muddy"

Start from the beginning

"I —" she raised her hand in protest, but Sirius merely gave her a knowing and smug look. Heaving out a sigh, Lucia knew Sirius wasn't far off from the truth. "Okay! Fine! But you can't blame me for getting tired fast after reading a bunch of books for school!"

"See, this is why we get along!" Sirius rested his arm around her shoulder, leading her deep into the Black family library. "We have plenty in common,"

"No, we don't," said Lucia, doubting.

"— we both find reading an inconvenience —"

"Not because of the same thing," she judged.

"— and we both are known to be troubled Gryffindors,"

"Again, for different reasons," said Lucia.

"— we both love Harry,"

"Different reasons as well — hold on!" She finally caught onto Sirius' words. Lucia stared at him incredulously as he howled with laughter. "That was a trap!" she claimed.

"And you fell right into it," Sirius cackled madly.

"Devious... no, hold on!" she glared at him, "I do not love Harry."

"There's the denial," Sirius sang mischievously. "You don't think I've noticed how closed you two were over the summer? He's been so tensed with Ron and Hermione, and yet so calm with you..."

"Maybe Azkaban really did something to your head, because whatever you're saying is just not right." Lucia stated snarkily back. "Have you ever thought that maybe I'm just a good friend?"

"False!"

"Rude!"

"Says the one that basically called me not right in the head," Sirius disputed.

"Oh, and that's my fault for thinking that?" argued Lucia mockingly. "I only met you recently, old man" — Sirius let out a sound that came incoherently close to a whimper and a gasp — "and before this, I only knew you as a murderer. Plus, you did spend some time in Azkaban. Twelve? Thirteen years? That's a lot." She added.

"'That's a lot' she says," mimicked Sirius pettily, bitter. "Think I'm mental, do you?"

"Kind of..."

But that seem to not be the reason why he was upset as he burst out suddenly: "I'm not old, you know!" he whined. "I'm only in my... in my... in my t-thirties!"

"And that's not old?" Lucia said, tilting her head to the side, causing agitation within Sirius. But she was simply just milking this for fun... and perhaps revenge for his sudden ambush, overhearing about one of the few things that easily irritates him. "Heard you talking to Professor Lupin the other day. Reminiscing about the olden times, were you?" she emphasised.

"You — !" Maybe Sirius had underestimated this opponent of his. From what he was told by Ron, Hermione, and specifically Harry, Lucia DiFiore had always been known to be this reserved girl before they all accidentally form a small group together. She was kind, timid, and from what he was told, he assumed that she was just, well, a doormat. Not to mention how Remus had told him of how jumpy this girl could be...

Sirius privately gaped to himself.

I was bamboozled by everyone!

"Listen here, you poisonous flower in disguise! I am the adult here —"

"Then act like one and bugger off of my lovelife," said Lucia simply.

Sirius was about to argue again when he caught her. "So, you do agree then? You agree that Harry's apart of your love life?"