Chapter 9: Memories...

Start from the beginning

I continued my walk through the burning town as a voice spoke out. The voice was feminine, calm and sweet. So Familiar yet so distant. I turned to the direction and saw a yellow highlighted person. A color I haven't seen before. It called my name and apologized weakly, other darker yellow highlighted bodies around the female as she fell back gently and the colour darkened. Indicating she had died.
I fell on my knees and watched gently as tears fell down my cheek.

My eyes slowly opened as I sat upright. What type of dream was that. And who exactly was that? I looked down at my hands till something like a liquid dropped at my wrist. I blinked surprised before touching my face to feel it wet.

Was I crying?

I stood up gently before cleaning my face. Tears fell down more as I looked at a nearby mirror wondering why I was crying. My expression didn't match the current state I was in. A blank expression with tears in its eye. It made no sense.
I cleaned my face with my hands before walking towards the front door and noticed the sun had gone down.

Was I asleep for that long?

So many questions with no answers. With a sigh, I growled then screamed loudly as everyone woke up with a grunt and growl. It was time to continue our journey to the nearest settlement; the blade Hunter base.

It took us 2 hours by foot to get there. But finally we had arrived.
I stood on a hill, overseeing the base. It was well protected. It seemed hard to make it in.
There was a certain festival going on and because of the noise, it attracted us. Survivors should really learn to reduce the amount of sound they make. They probably believe in their sheer power.

I growled and grunted a bit, my eyes glowing gently as Vira and seraph came forward and jumped down. They both ran to the two guards that were guarding the front entrance and took them out within the blink of an eye.  then took out the patrolling mercenaries quickly without letting them fire or scream. Next Zandof removed his shirt and the sounds of bones cracking and mending was heard. Two giant wings formed from his back as he picked me up and flew me towards one of the buildings rooftops.
Zandof landed and gently dropped me before he took off yet again and took out the two snipers with his wings. Minutes later, Vira and seraph landed beside me and sat down at the edge of the roof as they stared down at the party. I held my blade tighter as I stared down at the festival as well observing.

I couldn't see anything other than colors. They all looked the same. Red in color and the words in my head just kept repeating the same thing.

Kill...

Kill.......

KILL....

One of the survivors spotted me and screamed out loud which caught the attention of everyone.
I closed my eyes gently as people panicked and the mercenaries gathered around; aiming their weapons at us.

"...What kind of infected is that?!" Was what I believed one said....?
Or did it say Hat nd f fected hat? I wasn't sure to be honest.

Seraph grunted gently as he pulled his two blades while Vira rose her hand gently, the nearby vines wrapping around her arm.
Zandof growled a bit as his flew up and floated above me while fenir who somehow was now at my side held his giant club in hand, ready.

I opened my eyes as it glowed even brightly, my silver hair blowing back gently as I gave the loudest scream I had ever done.
Like a shockwave, everyone staggered or tumbled backwards; covered their ears from The screeching sound I made. All except the mercenaries. Tough bastards. They were a deeper shade of red. Different from the bright red humans. It wasn't long before the ground began to rumble.