iii.

three the first day
tw: small mention of ed

When I woke up, I instantly noticed that I was alone in the bed

My eyes hurt. I reached up to rub them as soon as Augustus stepped through the bathroom door.

One of those crisp, white towels hung low on his waist. The defined V-line of his waist looked delectable, and his chiseled abs seemed hand-crafted by the gods. His hair was wet and some of the dark strands stuck to the sides of his face. He smirked at me.

Disgusting. I scrunched my nose and shuddered.

He just laughed. "Looks like we're both getting a show."

"A show? I wouldn't consider that," I looked him up and down, then frowned in distaste again, "a show."

"How do you define a show, then?" He looked straight down at my-

Fuck.

I quickly pulled my - his - shirt down. How the hell had it risen all the way up when I was asleep?

He chuckled, and the sound sent shivers chasing their way down my spine. "Laurent, Laurent, Laurent," he chided.

"Casen, Casen, Casen," I sneered.

"Get up." He shuffled through his suitcase. "We have to eat breakfast and then go on the buses."

"I don't have any clothes, Casen. How do I solve that problem, hm?"

"Easy. Wear the ones you wore yesterday."

"Those are dirty. I was on the airplane with those. Do you not remember the entire unit we had on pathogens, or did that slip your memory, too?"

He let out a sigh. "I might have some clothes."

I felt my face crinkle up in disgust on its own accord.

He looked at me impatiently. "It's either my clothes, naked, your own dirty clothes, or go to the store and be late for our first competition." His brows rose in challenge.

I slid out of bed, trudging over to him. "Fine. But you better have a belt, because I know for sure that your pants are too big for me."

He tossed me some black cargoes and a white T-shirt with a green jacket. "Try that."

I changed into the cargoes, which were too long. I, myself, was 5'8, but Augustus was at least 6 feet tall. I rolled up the bottoms and folded them. Tying the belt around and looping it through, it actually didn't look half bad. I didn't put the jacket on yet and tucked the shirt in. It was an outfit that I would normally wear, even with my own clothes, so it was comfortable for me to wear. I couldn't even believe that Augustus had style. Ew.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, he looked up at me with a raised brow; his signature look, at this point "It only took you five years."

"Well maybe if you hadn't left my suitcase, it would've taken less."