Goodbye

Yay more updates!!!

This one is short but SUPER important

TW: fighting, blaming

Previously…

"Drea-"

"I'm going upstairs to take a nap," I interrupt quickly. Without waiting for a response, I head upstairs, closing the door to my room with a sigh of relief. This whole thing sucked. I wish I had just left it alone and pretended I was oblivious to the truth. It would've ended better than this.

Dream's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes slowly, yawning. My phone was haphazardly strewn on the bed near me, face down. I sat up, smacking my lips lightly before grabbing my phone and going downstairs.

George and Sapnap are sitting on the couch, watching some random show. George's eyes widen when he sees me, and he quickly jumps to his feet.

"Hi, Dream," he greets awkwardly, glancing down at his feet. I look to the side, not wanting to look at him. It would hurt too much.

"Hey…"

"I, um, I'm kinda hungry… would you like to cook something with me?" George asks quietly, and I can feel his eyes on me. I don't know what his plan is here, but I'm almost certain Sapnap has something to do with it.

"Uh… no thanks…" George's face falls, and I feel a wave of guilt hit me. "But there's food in the pantry." He looks down, nodding silently.

I sit on the couch beside Sapnap, sighing. His expression is a mix of pissed and concerned, gaze flickering between George and I.

"What the fuck, Dream!" He whisper-yelled. "He just wanted to spend some time with you!"

"It's fine. Stop meddling," I grumble, frowning. "He's a grown man, he can handle himself."

"He still has feelings, Dream!" Sapnap exclaimed in a hushed tone. "And he's trying to handle it, but you're making it difficult. Stop wallowing in your own self-pity and grow up!" I turned away from him, looking at George in the kitchen, failing miserably to find a bowl in my kitchen. I turned my gaze to my lap instead, scoffing.

"Let it go, Sap. Clearly it isn't going to work." From the kitchen, I hear George's breath hitch. When I next look up, he's gone, footsteps pounding up the stairs.

"Now look what you've done!" Sapnap yelled, seeming genuinely angry.

"What?! All I said was that it wasn't going to work! He doesn't love me!" I retaliate, tossing bitter words back and forth. "Why can't you just listen to me? It was stupid to think he ever cared!"

"So what, Dream? So what if he doesn't love you! You can't expect him to feel that way!" Sapnap shouted, gritting his teeth. "Even if he doesn't love you, which I highly doubt, he's still your friend. And you're being a pretty shitty one right now." Sapnap stood up, shaking his head. "I think you need to leave George alone for a while. He's hurting, Dream, and it's all your fault."

"You can't just blame me-"

"YES, Dream, I can blame you because it's your fault." He took a breath, pressing his lips into a thin line. "Maybe you should leave me alone too. I don't want to see you right now."

"Fine," I spat, gritting my teeth. "I don't want to see you right now either."

"Glad that we agree on one thing." Sapnap's tone was cold, and he turned away, walking toward the stairs. Just then, George ran down the stairs, tears in his eyes and suitcase in hand.

"Um… I'm going to be staying somewhere else for awhile," he announced, voice quivering. I stayed silent, refusing to give in. Sapnap gave me the most appalled look I've ever seen, but said nothing. George pressed his lips into a thin line, nodding.

"Goodbye."

Oh damn that was intense

I was sitting in my digital media class today writing this lol