Fault

dont we love how i just disappear and randomly come back to update shit

anyways!!! good luck :3

TW: fighting

Previously...

"Um... I'm going to be staying somewhere else for awhile," he announced, voice quivering. I stayed silent, refusing to give in. Sapnap gave me the most appalled look I've ever seen, but said nothing. George pressed his lips into a thin line, nodding.

"Goodbye."

Dream's P.O.V.

It had been a day since George left. Sapnap refused to speak to me, not that I really tried. What would I even say?

I hadn't heard from George since he left, either. I assume Sapnap's heard from him, because he doesn't seem worried. Just pissed off.

The guilt of how I treated George swirled and spun in my stomach, mixing uncomfortably with my stubbornness and pride. How dare George break my heart? How dare I ignore the person I love(d)? Who was really at fault here?

Sapnap came downstairs, glared at me, and turned around to avoid me. I sucked in a breath, standing up and holding an arm out.

"Wait." Sap froze, facing away from me.

"What do you want?" He huffed. Sapnap sounded exhausted, like a parent who was dealing with a screaming toddler. Maybe, in a way, I was like a screaming toddler. Was I just making this into a bigger deal than it needed to be? Or was George in the wrong? And where did Sapnap fit into all of this?

"Sap, please," I begged softly, shaking my head. "I didn't mean to make George upset." At that, he turned around, finally looking at me.

"So you'll apologize to him?" Sapnap prodded. "And to me?"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that." I paused, pressing my lips into a thin line. "But I still think George shoul-"

"Wow, you really are an asshole!" Sapnap exclaimed, scoffing loudly. "When will you just swallow your stupid pride and apologize?!"

"He broke my heart!" I replied, raising my voice. "Maybe I don't need to apologize!"

"Broke your- really, Dream? Are you that fucking blind?" Sapnap asked incredulously, anger pouring into his tone. "George loves you. Why can't you see that?"

"I can't hear his thoughts anymore, Sapnap! Maybe he did love me at one point, but..." I sighed. "...but he certainly doesn't anymore." Sapnap was quiet for a moment, brows furrowed.

"Are you absolutely, 100% sure he doesn't love you anymore?" Sap questioned. "Because he seemed so happy after you two kissed."

I didn't respond, letting his words soak in.

"Maybe–" Sapnap continued. "Maybe he's feeling just as heartbroken as you are. Maybe he feels like you were just using him." As Sap spoke, I felt a pit of dread and guilt grow in my chest.

"Oh god... I didn't think about it like that..." I frowned. "Does he really feel like I was using him? I wouldn't do that!"

"Yeah, Dream. George is really upset." Sapnap shoved a finger into my chest, frowning. "And you have to be the one to fix this."

"I know, I know." I wave it off, shaking my head. "But why couldn't I hear his thoughts after we kissed? It doesn't make sense!"

"Maybe it's something with your..." Sapnap gestured to my head. "...mind-reading thing?" I frown, eyebrows furrowed. Then, in a moment of realization, my eyes widen as I gasp.

"Oh my god, Sap..." I cover my mouth, feeling huge waves of guilt wash over me. "I think you might be right! How did I never notice before..." Sapnap looks confused.

"What?"

"I think I can't read people's minds anymore after we kiss!" I exclaim, holding my hands to my head. "Shit, shit, George..."

"Dream, man– and I say this with love– you're a fucking dumbass!" Sapnap shakes his head. "You need to fix this. NOW!" I nod, already grabbing my keys.

"I will!"

"He's staying at a Best Western not too far from here."

"I know the place. Room number?"

"Um... 404, I think?" When the number is said, I let out a soft chuckle.

"Of course," I murmur, smiling. "Thanks, Sap!"

"Good luck, man!"

~

I park my car outside the Best Western, quickly jumping out onto the asphalt and running inside.

"No running in the lobby!" An employee shouts. Ignoring that, I head straight for the elevator, knowing that it would be faster than running up four flights of stairs. My finger repeatedly jabs at the button, quiet mumbles and pleads brushing past my lips.

The elevator finally arrives, dinging as the doors open slowly. There's nobody inside, so I immediately go in and start pressing buttons.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" I whisper-shout, wishing I had just taken the stairs. I should've thought this through more. Guess it's too late now, though.

The elevator gets me to the fourth floor in less than a minute, and I hop out as soon as the doors open. My footsteps pound down the hallway, echoing slightly in the empty hallway. I count the doors as I go past– 400, 401, 402, 403– 404!

"George?" I knock on the door, calling out for the man I love. "George? Please answer the door! I'm sorry!" I hear the doorknob jiggle briefly, and I take a step back in anticipation.

However, when the door opens, it's not George who I'm faced with.

"Sir, please be quiet, you're making a scene," An older lady scolds lightly.

"I-" I shake my head furiously. "No, please, I'm looking for my... friend, he was supposed to be staying in this room!"

"Mm, no. The young man who was staying in this room checked out this morning. He was quite a mess, too. Seemed like he had been crying all night," she recalled, humming. "Something really hurt that poor boy."

"No..." I put my head in my hands, feeling tears prick at my eyes. "George..."

"Right... sir, if you don't have a room here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I sniffle quietly, nodding.

"Sorry..." I back away from the door, letting my arms fall limply to my sides. I trudged down the hall, back to the elevator. It brought me back to the lobby, where I shuffled out to the exit and back to my car.

"Fuck..." I mumble, salty tears dripping off my chin. "I'm so sorry, George."

haha

please give me whatever tears you can spare, I need sustainance

also maybe follow me or something idk