2

"We started off as close friends"

BK Pov

"Man fuck that school for real. I miss a few days and they trynna call my people. I'm glad I put my number onnat paper shi." I was talking to my siblings.

It's an early morning on a Monday and we were all sitting in my room. For some reason, when we all wake up we gather up in one of our rooms. We been doing this since we were little. Since the oldest two moved out, they still come here every morning and make them a spot on one of our floors. Or even our beds.

The school had been blowing up my phone because of my absences, but 10 days ain't a lot.

I know you prolly wondering how the hell i'm in high school at 19. But in all honesty, I started school late. When people say that, 9 times outta 10, they lying, but i'm for real. I was real sick when I was supposed to start and it ended up being too late to enroll, so my parents waited. "Man Bey you better not miss another day. You already innat hoe at 19." My brother Brayden joked. Ion find shit funny cause he act like i'm a flunky or some shit.

Instead of responding, I swiped the crust from my eye and walked into my bathroom. I was ready to go to school 'cause it's a game day. Everybody finna be lit and turnt.

After brushing my teeth and shit like that, I changed into my outfit. Since it's this typa day, imma get fresh. Can't be looking bummy on the day everybody gon' be out.

Game days go crazy cause schools from far be coming down here. It get wicked cause we gotta show out so they know what it is wit us. "Bitch you ugly as fuck!" Solange yelled as I walked out the bathroom. The trick look just like me why she trynna talk shit. Ole pineapple lookin ass. I really hope Mama heard her so she can beat her ass.

"All y'all get the fuck out my room. Soso and Mara y'all posed to be getting ready any damn ways. Ole dirty ass tricks. And hurry up cause you know i'll leave y'all. Have y'all walking up that long ass street." I said as I maneuvered around the room. They didn't respond and just left.

I know the way we talk sound like we hate each other, but it's really all love. "Ummm the fuck y'all still in here fa?" I looked at the two dodo heads. They laughed and left out as well. Sometimes they don't even bother going back and forth with me and it makes me feel bad.

When I finished with my jewelry and hair, I went downstairs to greet my parents. Everybody was down there and ready before me. They held mugs and death stares once I entered the kitchen. "But we need to hurry the fuck up?" I heard Mara grumble. By the way Mama smacked her head, she heard her too. While we thought the hits would stop, she kept going.

See, even though Samara is 12, she's just like us. Having older siblings can be a real bad influence. Everything we do and everywhere we go, she right there doing the same. She just started middle school while Solange just started high school. Nothings different 'cause even them bad ass elementary kids be in shit.

"You betta watch yo damn mouth lil girl i'm not playing witchu. Don't make me beat yo ass early this morning Samara Janaé." Mama said once she stopped hitting her. Mara a crybaby so of course she walked out with an attitude. We all just laughed 'cause before we leave she'll be all up on Mama before she go to work.

We all sat and ate together, talking about our plans. I let them know about the game and probably hanging out around the school wit my brothers and they friends.

It was only Mama this morning cause Dad was out handling business. We all knew what that meant so nobody pushed the issue. "Now get y'all ass out my house. Y'all boys stay coming over here like y'all ain't got y'all own place. Just wanna eat up my food. Get the hell out." Mama said shooing us away from her table. She be so quick to put us out but when we don't come when she ready, all hell break loose.