"The Last Dance"

I wanted to run, I wanted my heart to leave Mystic Falls more than anything, but it was to little to late when Klaus decided he was ready to make it into town the day after that night. He called me a few hours after I left the Salvatore boarding house, I went to a old barn and sat on top of the roof, dissecting the past two months when he said he was ready to make his way in town.

His timing disallowed me to leave and never return, he wants me by his side the second he shows his face in this God forsaken town but I told him that they would be suspicious and luckily got out of being near him. I have hidden in the nicest foreclosure and Klaus knows nothing about it, I wish I could I say  I have left the house but I haven't except for one run for food.

I know I had to do what I did that night to keep Elena from Elijah, but I can't help but scorch myself for how unintentionally impulsive it was. I soon realized that Elijah being dead meant Katherine is either gone in the wind or at least out of the tomb, I have had a lot of time to think and the complexity of my life in this town has truly had my mind spinning.

A lot of shit has blown up and I can't help but realise my doing in the situation, I know I am to blame and I know forgiveness is out of the picture. That is why I decided to stay away from them, the damage is probably easier to ease into without my face reminding them of it, but I can't help but realise I will have to see them if it means making Klaus believe I am still lying to their faces.

My thoughts have been a whirlwind and the fact this house isn't owned by a human leaves me unable to sleep incase Damon or Stefan put two and two together and part of me hopes they do because I do miss them. Then I realise they see me as the villain and I shy away from my theories.

As I drink the last sip the blood bag I throw it into the trash can, leaving the kitchen as my feet lead me to walk into the main hall. This place is nice and I would love to live here if it meant a guarantee of safety. My phone rings again and it leaves me groaning at the continuation of there calls, Damon has left the most and it hurts how badly I would like to answer.

When I hear a car pull up on the street my feet move to the door that has windows on both sides allowing me to see the road the house is on. I can't help but roll my eyes at the sight of Damon leaving the car and Stefan exiting on the passenger side, it leaves me chuckling that he has no plan but to just roll up. Maybe he is simply seeing if I am here, after all the car is in the garage and there's no way to tell if I live here from the outside.

I speed my body to the other room hiding behind the wall parallel to the front door so he won't be able to see me. When I hear the door's lock break I internally groan, not like I will be living here long but it still is aggravating.

I hear him come in and decide if I should make an entrance or wait for him to enter this room. I don't know if his intentions are to talk or snap my neck and round me into his trunk so I decide to wait. Ever since I left the boarding house that night my instincts have been to fight and it is the only way I feel safer, a coping mechanism, a way I was before meeting Damon Salvatore.

"Check that room I will check the other." I hear Damon explain and only can assume that Stefan is nodding.

I hear a pair of footsteps coming towards me and with instinct I grab the fire poker next to me, I know it won't kill him but that would never be my intention. His head peaks into the room and I keep my body connected to the wall hoping he will go all the way in and I get him from behind. I know I haven't seen him in a few days but his hair looks messier, and he looks like me, no sleep looks to have been in his routine the past few days as well.

He walks all the way in and I come up from behind speeding over to place the fire poker around his neck from the front as I hold both sides, bringing my lips to his ear.