𝙻𝚇. 𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

Violetta swam to the nearest rock and pushed herself from the water. Her skin was still wet from the water but she could feel it dry already with the sun that was no longer covered by clouds. As much as she wanted, she couldn't keep the headlines of the latest Azkaban breakout out of her mind.

She wondered if her father was back home now or was he sent somewhere else. Or was he released just to get killed.

Then she thought about what her father was like now. She has seen what Azkaban can do to a person ― her aunt and uncles were good examples although they were crazy before they were locked away.

Before coming to Italy, Violetta hadn't had the time to think about her family that much ― she had been too busy to worry about meeting Fleur's family.

She was worried for nothing.

The Delacour family was sweet and nice ― much like Fleur. They welcomed Violetta with open arms and didn't judge her for her family. Delacours were surprisingly normal but then again ― everyone was compared to Violetta's family, especially nowadays.

Violetta's been in touch with Gabriel and Vivian, and they knew where Violetta and Fleur were staying. Violetta had however made her friends promise that they weren't going to say a word to her family ― even Regulus. It was a hard decision to leave her brothers completely in the dark of her life but she figured it was the safest choice for everyone's sake.

Then there was the matter of Violetta's feelings. She has used the L-word but she hasn't said it to Fleur. Not directly at least. It wasn't that she feared the word or was too nervous to say it. There's been many opportunities but Violetta just hasn't said it. What she had realised was that she was nervous to see Fleur's reaction. She also had a voice in her head repeating that once she said the L-word, then something awful was going to happen.

Violetta had no idea how long she had stayed on the rock, staring at the open ocean but when the air around got chillier because of the lack of sun, she figured it was time for her to go home.

"Hi."

Violetta turned to look over her shoulder and there was Fleur, her summer dress flowing with the wind. Fleur walked to Violetta and sat next to her, not minding her dress getting wet from the water that splashed against the rock they were on.

"Did you have fun?" Fleur asked before kissing Violetta's cheek.

"I don't want to go back to gloomy England..." Violetta sighed and looked at the view right in front of her. "Maybe we can just stay here, or in France. I mean your family lives there. There's really no reason for us to go back to England."

Fleur frowned. "There's absolutely nothing in England? Nothing at all? Not, I don't know, Horcruxes?"

While Violetta was no longer too eager to find out the truth ― mostly because she was nervous to know ― Fleur was more than glad to find out the truth.

"All right so there's Horcruxes and fear for my family' safety even now when I'm not technically part of it. But would it be the worst if I just stop looking for answers? I've managed to live until now without knowing, what's the harm to continue to do so," Violetta tried to reason her choice to forget her past life and just stay in Italy.

"Because I don't want to wake up one morning to see you dead on the floor because of something we didn't do," said Fleur quite seriously.

Violetta sighed and let her head fall on Fleur's shoulder. "Let's say you're right. Let's say I need to find out the truth, then what? What if the truth is horrible and the world ends?"

"Or what if it's not?" Fleur tried to keep a positive tone.

"I love it when you're naive," Violetta snorted.